Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit Wednesday mine said-12.... but damn if I was off I would havin lots of fun...I drove the Sm all week without snows and holly shit if I was driving slow.....
    sigpic
    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
    " enjoy the show "

Comment

I just put snows back on my M3.

Holy crap, that car still has no traction. LSD is WIN, but 700lb/in springs are FAIL.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

On the other hand.... car looks sweet ...
        sigpic
        HyperWerkz

" enjoy the show "

Comment

-22 wed. Morning driving to class.... I wanna go to winter park so bad

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

This is true. I've been getting odd looks driving the car. Something about a roll bar, harnesses, and sideways in snow.

must...buy....sandbags
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

-20 tues AM outside my house. Subaru wasn't amused.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

At least the wind isn't blowing. That's when the fun starts.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

E30s are tanks in the snow even when they have open diffs, summer tires and no weight in the trunk. lol I have yet to get stuck this winter. Also have yet to have an issue with cold starts. My e30 said -21 on Weds morning at around 7 AM.
                  Last edited by clarkkey594; 02-06-2011, 12:28 PM.
                  89 325i (Sold)
                  95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                  2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

sheesh. My M42 gets all kinds of screwy in the negatives in F. It's a great car in the snow if it will run right in extreme temperatures. Anything above 0 F it's fine, but below, it has a mind of it's own.

Andy, that's some serious weather up there. To be honest I am quite ready for summer.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                      sheesh. My M42 gets all kinds of screwy in the negatives in F. It's a great car in the snow if it will run right in extreme temperatures. Anything above 0 F it's fine, but below, it has a mind of it's own.

Andy, that's some serious weather up there. To be honest I am quite ready for summer.
                      So what you're saying is M20 >>> M42.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                        E30s are tanks in the snow even when they have open diffs, summer tires and no weight in the trunk. lol I have yet to get stuck this winter. Also have yet to have an issue with cold starts. My e30 said -21 on Weds morning at around 7 AM.
                        Mine actually did well with Falken Azenis and its LSD in the snow. Not fantastic, but it acquitted itself well.

I think the M would be a lot better if it wasn't so stiffly sprung.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                          So what you're saying is M20 >>> M42.
                          Well I think part of the reason my M42 is retarded at cold temperatures is that i deleted the throttle body heater plate a while back, so things get frozen and sticky in there and I am sure wit wreaks all kinds of havoc with the butterfly valve and TPS.

The M42 starts flawlessly every time in the deep cold, it starts having issues after it starts to warm up.

Comment

Well....that was dumb.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

can you say... maybe a nice swap to do?... s62
                              sigpic
                              HyperWerkz

" enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                                Well....that was dumb.
                                I did it before I knew I was moving to CO. It doesn't ever get this cold in MD.

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                                can you say... maybe a nice swap to do?... s62
                                http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2199198112.html
                                How the heck did he get E38 style 5s on that E39? You would have to bore out the centerbore...

Also, it would be a HUUUGE project, but if I bought this, I could technically convert my wife's E39 into an M5 by swapping over EVERYTHING..... and no, I am not considering doing this, obviously, but theoretically it seems possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X