This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    I would offer some knowledge, but I know nothing about the i conversion.

maybe you should slap an M20B25 in there, or an M50 or S50...
    That would be ideal but an engine in decent shape is not only hard to come by but costly from the projects i have seen. I figured it would also be easier less time consuming but I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by rxp rider View Post
      That would be ideal but an engine in decent shape is not only hard to come by but costly from the projects i have seen. I figured it would also be easier less time consuming but I may be wrong.

it would probably be the least time-consuming if you swapped in an M20B25. I know Clark will have one for sale pretty soon (for cheap, I am guessing) that runs, complete w/ ecu (I am assuming). And i'd do some searching on the forum, but it seems you wouldn't have to do much at all to put an M20B25 into an eta. The wiring might be plug-and-play, but I could be wrong. Also, I am not sure, but your transmission may be the same transmission in an M20B25 car. However, you will want to change your diff. Clark also has one of those (LSD) for cheap.

just throwing out a suggestion...

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        it would probably be the least time-consuming if you swapped in an M20B25. I know Clark will have one for sale pretty soon (for cheap, I am guessing) that runs, complete w/ ecu (I am assuming). And i'd do some searching on the forum, but it seems you wouldn't have to do much at all to put an M20B25 into an eta. The wiring might be plug-and-play, but I could be wrong. Also, I am not sure, but your transmission may be the same transmission in an M20B25 car. However, you will want to change your diff. Clark also has one of those (LSD) for cheap.

just throwing out a suggestion...
        I've also just completed an m52b28 swap so i'm quite familiar and willing to help with the process....it is NOT hard and doesn't have to be time consuming if you get all the parts together first.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

I spent an hour today researching swap options. I will have a swap in the future...
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
            I spent an hour today researching swap options. I will have a swap in the future...
            We should put an s54 in yours! I even know where we can get the donor engine...

Comment

I also have been reading up on swaps, it doesn't seem that bad at all, besides the wiring I don't think I would have any problems doing it. So where is this s54 you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by rxp rider View Post
                I also have been reading up on swaps, it doesn't seem that bad at all, besides the wiring I don't think I would have any problems doing it. So where is this s54 you speak of?
                I happen to know someone who has a wrecked e46 m3, smashed in the back, who is considering selling me said s54 for way too little money.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
                  I happen to know someone who has a wrecked e46 m3, smashed in the back, who is considering selling me said s54 for way too little money.
                  6 speed? or SMG? miles?

how much does he want for the whole car?

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                    6 speed? or SMG? miles?

how much does he want for the whole car?
                    +1

If the price is right... I have cash in hand.
                    Chris
                    97 M3
                    01 325
                    Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

you got yourself some buyers, Ross!! Make some profit! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                        +1

If the price is right... I have cash in hand.
                        This could get interesting.

I bet David is going to kick himself when he sees this, especially after spending so much on the subaru.

Comment

stay tuned gentlemen, i'm trying to work out getting the whole car from him.

Comment

Well with competition for engine I don't think I could compete haha, but I really really could use the rear sub frame with LSD for my e46!

keep me updated!

Comment

You've got my attention...
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I'll buy the car, mayfield can have the motor and associated electronics. If it's a 6 speed, I'll keep the trans, rxp can have the rear subframe/diff... we all win. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X