• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother of God.

29k miles????? $3500?? S54?????

Really kicking myself right now.

anyone want an S50?
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

pick me!

Comment

Ha, how soon?
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

oh boy.... I have $600 in me pocket?? please?

Comment

false.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

And..... so who is Goin to go get it??
              sigpic
              HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
              " enjoy the show "

Comment

whoever has $3500 and is in LA.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                  whoever has $3500 and is in LA.
                  exactly:hitler:
                  sigpic
                  HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                  " enjoy the show "

Comment

I'll buy it and just stare at it :D

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

eh, not cheap. that's pretty much par for the course.

Comment

I'd expect that price for a higher mileage s54, not a 29k miles one.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Saw my first estroil M coupe today. Not as striking as I thought it would be.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Isn't the reprogramming of getting the ecu to work with the E30 and tunning really the expensive part of an S54 swap? IIRC it was in the thousands. You'd have to replace the gas pedal and throttle signal electronics too. The S54 is an engineering marvel, probably the best engine BMW has produced IMO, but throttle by wire sucks. Normal mode has the slightest pause which is really annoying. Sport mode is better, but can be jerky. The aftermarket tunners are much better. Just sounds like a nightmare getting all the electricals to play nice.
                            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Well the wrecked e46m3 isn't coming to me. His dad is taking the driveline for his track car and parting out the rest for him. They are in Minnesota and he said they might ship parts for the right price but are planning on craigslisting them since its less of a hassle. He'll make more $$ this way and he doesn't have to deal with parting it himself which makes him happy.

I told him to have his dad post up here on r3v when he has parts ready to sell so I'm not a middle-man!

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                                Isn't the reprogramming of getting the ecu to work with the E30 and tunning really the expensive part of an S54 swap? IIRC it was in the thousands. You'd have to replace the gas pedal and throttle signal electronics too. The S54 is an engineering marvel, probably the best engine BMW has produced IMO, but throttle by wire sucks. Normal mode has the slightest pause which is really annoying. Sport mode is better, but can be jerky. The aftermarket tunners are much better. Just sounds like a nightmare getting all the electricals to play nice.
                                There are three options.

Hardest: take parts e46, convert E30 to use its wiring, cluster, DSC, TC, otherthreeletteralphabetsoupnames, fuel pump, wheel speed sensors, and more, then it's plug and play. You're effectively building an E46 with an E30 body. Most time consuming and rarely done right, but it's been done. Easier in an E36, but not a whole lot.

Easiest: send S54 ecu to Bimmerworld with a check for $3k-ish and then you can run the ECU and the S54 in whatever car you want. Their setup disables the DSC, TC, etc sensors that the ecu normally looks for, which means you don't need to convert your car into a 20 year old E46.

Easiest from plug and play standpoint, but hard to get running right: Alex Lipowich's standalone plug and play kit, also $3k-ish. Easiest because it's wired to be PnP for E30/E36, Hard because it's standalone and requires tuning, and since it's an S54, double infinite vanos is a bitch to tune. It comes with base maps though, but if you want to modify the tune, it'll be a bitch unless you know what you're doing. This option doesn't have the stock ECU's ability to go to a dealership and pull codes, so it's not as well suited to a DD as the Bimmerworld option, but makes more power and allows more control.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X