Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellulose based ethanol is the alternative to starch based that we currently use. Capital costs are too high for cellulose based plants AND we already have corn. Current government will never stop using corn for fuel because they are all a bunch of stupid people that don't want to invest in useful technologies.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

and because Archer Daniels Midland pays them well to keep mandating ethanol.

Silly people think corn is for food...

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
        Cellulose based ethanol is the alternative to starch based that we currently use. Capital costs are too high for cellulose based plants AND we already have corn. Current government will never stop using corn for fuel because they are all a bunch of stupid people that don't want to invest in useful technologies.
        True, but any starch based base stock can and are used. Not just corn. Cellulosic is still too pricey, but multiple starch based production stocks are used
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Anyone need a fuel pump that may or may not be new/work?

I could use one. Mine is super loud. How much $?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
            True, but any starch based base stock can and are used. Not just corn. Cellulosic is still too pricey, but multiple starch based production stocks are used
            Also true, but all of the corn plant can and should be used for feed/future crops and proper crop rotation. They need to get away from corn. I promote ethanol, just not by corn. By giving ethanol money to farmers they are starting to not do proper crop rotations because corn every year will provide more money then corn/soy bean rotation. Not too good for quality of growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post
              I could use one. Mine is super loud. How much $?
              Let me get it out tonight, I will get back to you.

Comment

Ohhhhh a whole dollar over the ten years ive been eating there..... not an issue.
                That's rather large issue.... food, taxes, rent, and energy are going up in price due to a declining dollar and misuse of resources, yet people aren't getting paid more than they were 10 years ago.

We arent making ethanol with mostly corn. It is primarily made with other substances like grasses and sugarcane because farmers realized driving with our food is dumb.yes, the tech exists, and yes its being used. Corn is only one of many ethanol production base stocks. Take a class or do research in the area before repeating discredited nonsense. Correlation does NOT equal causation.
                Corn is the PRIMARY ethanol source for the E10 at the pumps today, and if it wasn't such a big deal, people in mexico wouldn't be rioting over the 60% increase in price for US corn. You can't avoid the facts dude.

My "nonsense" is not discredited. And if ethanol was so great, why do we need the government to mandate it.

Taxes suck.
                Yes, yes they do. But people seem to love them.

Thats my point-we arent being price gouged.
                Relative to ten years ago? we are. relative to 100 years ago, when we were the most prosperous nation in the world with almost no tax and people moved here in the millions just to live below the poverty line because it gave their children a shot at being in a middle class? yes, we are being gouged. The gouging today does not hurt the rich, they can afford it easily. It also does not hurt the poor, since they practically live off the government, it really only hurts the middle class who have to balance taxes and providing for themselves. The middle class is such a beautiful thing, and here we are trying to destroy it.

Im not at all, where did i say that? Stable currency would be nice but will never happen though. Never has in all of history.
                The fact that you brush off these continual price increases as not a big deal implies that you are. And up until 1913, we had a very stable currency.

Can and are used... in labs maybe. If you pull up to a gas pump in Colorado, there's a 99.5% chance it will have corn based E10.

If ethanol was a useful technology, it would not need a government mandate to be viable because some dude out the private sector would be capitalizing off of it.

Comment

This is fun. Sam, shoot me a text yea?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                  Originally posted by DTM190
                  "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

We need to return to the gold standard. Until(if ever) we do, our currency will not be stable.

Ethanol is not the answer to our energy problems. The gov mandates it because it brings in more tax revenue. All government is corrupt at some level as all people are corrupt at some level.

The world is broken. If I had time, resources and talent I would be working my ass off to find a way to create a viable cold fusion power source.

Back when the taxes were low and there weren't so many damn regulations to tell people what NOT to do, some guys on the east coast figured out how to FLY on their FARM. A couple of rednecks playing in the garage. Where did all the ingenuity go?

You are all way smarter than me, if we put our heads together we could solve the world's energy problems and buy enough non-ethanol gas to drive our classic cars fast for the rest of our lives!

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
                      We need to return to the gold standard. Until(if ever) we do, our currency will not be stable.

Ethanol is not the answer to our energy problems. The gov mandates it because it brings in more tax revenue. All government is corrupt at some level as all people are corrupt at some level.

The world is broken. If I had time, resources and talent I would be working my ass off to find a way to create a viable cold fusion power source.

Back when the taxes were low and there weren't so many damn regulations to tell people what NOT to do, some guys on the east coast figured out how to FLY on their FARM. A couple of rednecks playing in the garage. Where did all the ingenuity go?

You are all way smarter than me, if we put our heads together we could solve the world's energy problems and buy enough non-ethanol gas to drive our classic cars fast for the rest of our lives!
                      The technology is there to solve all the worlds problem. No joke. I went to engineering school to do something about it. There I learned it is all up to a bunch of suits that don't know a damn thing about engineering. They make all the decisions. We are hopeless unless we get more engineering people into political positions. They all think engineering is just a bunch of machines that don't deserve funding instead of every damn thing you use every day of your life.

/end rant....I want the space program back

Comment

The technology is there to solve all the worlds problem. No joke. I went to engineering school to do something about it. There I learned it is all up to a bunch of suits that don't know a damn thing about engineering. They make all the decisions. We are hopeless unless we get more engineering people into political positions. They all think engineering is just a bunch of machines that don't deserve funding instead of every damn thing you use every day of your life.

/end rant....I want the space program back
                        We need more engineers and more accountants in politics, and less lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
                          And someone invented a telephone, and mass produced a car, and created a lightbulb giving light to the world, and more and more and more.

I truly wish I was born in this country 100 years prior.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                            We need more engineers and more accountants in politics, and less lawyers.
                            We need more people that share this thought.

Comment

We need more people that share this thought.
                              Yes. Look at how smart and educated the people who wrote our constitution were. Thomas Jefferson studied 12 hours/day. I do not know of one single person in today's world who is comparably educated and intelligent, not one.

Comment

send in more trains!

Comment

Working...
                                X