This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Right now the car is on KW V1's... they are pretty nice, but i'd like to try out AST 5200's that Vorshlag sells. That's way down the line though.
    Talk to Chris/SCR about the non-remote reservoir version of the 5200s that is coming out soon. I'll probably be upgrading to those shocks within a few years; the preliminary shock dyno looks daaaaaaaaamn good.

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
    I have to double check but I'm pretty sure the specs on your wheels were the same as my reps.... 17x8 +35... are yours 8in wide? We test fitted mine on a clubman locally, and I thought they looked AWESOME, but there was a bit of poke... If you have coilovers (adjustable height at least) and camber plates to at least bring the wheels in, I think it'd be amazing.... and if we didn't guess, I'm liking the 235s cause that's what I ran on my e30 / 17s
    Different fender contours though, so fitment will be different. I'm with you though, 235s if possible.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
      I have to double check but I'm pretty sure the specs on your wheels were the same as my reps.... 17x8 +35... are yours 8in wide? We test fitted mine on a clubman locally, and I thought they looked AWESOME, but there was a bit of poke... If you have coilovers (adjustable height at least) and camber plates to at least bring the wheels in, I think it'd be amazing.... and if we didn't guess, I'm liking the 235s cause that's what I ran on my e30 / 17s
      I thought your wheels were 17x8 et 20.

here is a pic of Erik's clubman with your wheels

these wheels are 17x7.5 et35 so the specs are a little different. I think 215/40 star specs will still be ridiculous for a DD summer tire...
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

The MINI's new wheels showed up today!
        Ooooh... I can't want to mount... errr... see them mounted..
        Ugh, that still sounds bad; either way!

Now I have to decide if I want to play it safe and run 215/40/17, or stuff 235/40/17 star specs under the arches
        Why not split the difference of a 225?
        I'm curious the stance of what you choose; as I'm still going back and forth on a wheel / tire combination.

I think 215/40 star specs will still be ridiculous for a DD summer tire...
        As in too much or not enough? :D

- Erik
        Pattern Draft Imaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Comment

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/11/r...to-countryman/

In our long hunt for a perfect DD/family car this might do it.

Mini for the fun
          Turbo for the elevation
          AWD for the winter
          Fold down rear bench for the dog
          Ground clearnace for the trails

If they make this, I will be happy. The 4 seater is cool looking but very annoying for space.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

So how about this CUSCC meet this evening? I may make an appearance to BS and generally gripe about my car.

Comment

Originally posted by bluefox280 View Post
              Ooooh... I can't want to mount... errr... see them mounted..
              Ugh, that still sounds bad; either way!

Why not split the difference of a 225?
              I'm curious the stance of what you choose; as I'm still going back and forth on a wheel / tire combination.

As in too much or not enough? :D

- Erik
              They don't make any tires worth a thing in 225/40 just 45 series. Octaneguy on NAM had rubbing issues with 225/45 on his clubman and he is running an offset of 42. I think a good stickey 215/40 will be just fine for the mini... stock is 205/45 so its still a bit wider.

In other news, my E30 and our jeep landed in port today!!!!! I can't wait to drive something other than this chevy aveo rental!

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/11/r...to-countryman/

In our long hunt for a perfect DD/family car this might do it.

Mini for the fun
                Turbo for the elevation
                AWD for the winter
                Fold down rear bench for the dog
                Ground clearnace for the trails

If they make this, I will be happy. The 4 seater is cool looking but very annoying for space.

Dude, I think a clubman would be perfect for you guys. Next time im up there, ill let you take ours for a spin.

Comment

Dude, I think a clubman would be perfect for you guys. Next time im up there, ill let you take ours for a spin.
                  It just doesn't have the ground clearance to make to half the hiking trails.

Comment

As a reminder (Brad) you only have an hour and a half left
                    To sign up for Sunday and pay. Also, roland drove my car and said the brakes on yours are probably fine.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                    Originally posted by DTM190
                    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I need to find david and see if there is a helmet that will fit me or not. Can I still pay later today for 110 or whatever it is?

Comment

It's $110 day of payable at the front gate, but that's only if the gate's open cause 10 people signed up. If they don't have enough people by noon today then they don't race Sunday and the $110 is moot. I'd suggest signing up if you want, we should be able to find you a helmet somewhere.... And if it comes down to it, you may just wanna buy one if you think you'll be doing any more driving schools or lapping days. They can be had for under $100 so don't think you need something super protective and awesome.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I bought a perfectly good nearly brand new Snell 2000 helmet for $30 on CL

Comment

Yea, I forgot about CL.
                            Like I said Brad, don't let the helmet thing slow you up (1 hour to register). You can probably borrow one, find one, CL one, go to a motorcycle shop, etc. etc.

Comment

My biggest suggestion is IF you're planning on doing driving schools with the BMW club, SCCA, or NASA, then find a helmet with the most up to date Snell rating. Look on the SCCA, NASA, etc. website and it will tell you what rating they require, and I'm sure you can find one that works.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                                It just doesn't have the ground clearance to make to half the hiking trails.
                                If that's the case, the Countryman may be your thing.
                                Brad, have you been in one?
                                You can opt for the full rear bench (to sit 5) instead of the center sliding console IIRC.

- Erik
                                Pattern Draft Imaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Comment

Working...
                                X