Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should have an R3V gliding day where Alex lets us all use his hang glider.

Comment

Alex that looks beast. I really want to do it. Let me know when you want to follow an e30 down a sweet road with the hang glider and gopro... :)

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Brad where is NREL? The farther away it is, the more challenging the task.

Ian Mark Windchiemer at Air Time Above Hang Gliding is the best person to learn from. I wish I would have learned from him, he turns out some exceptional soaring pilots. You couldn't be in a more convenient location. You definitely should learn. We could easily fab up a rack for the wagon!

Once aerotowing starts up I might be able to talk to JR about discounted tandems. I can't make any promises, but I see what I can do. If nothing else a Dragonfly ride might be in order. That would be the best vehicle to chase an E30 with and out east we could do it safely and legally. The only problem or advantage is the the roads are all dirt.
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

NREL is the south side of south table. They have a pretty large complex, hard to miss. You can see their vehicle test track on top of STM in your picture.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Ian - Splurge and get these for the E39.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=204880

Comment

Also, I am totally in for a tandem gliding run!

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                Ian - Splurge and get these for the E39.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=204880
                Meh, maybe if I had and E34. Too old school for an E39. I just missed out on a set of style 66s on craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post
                  Meh, maybe if I had and E34.
                  That can be arranged...

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                    That can be arranged...
                    Lol. At least let me drive it first if that's the case....

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                      Lol. At least let me drive it first if that's the case....
                      Brake pads should be here by Wednesday. Need to order the fan clutch and motor mounts still. Interior needs re-assembly.

Comment

Details. It has a motor, good enough.

Comment

Dudes I got my subframe bushings replaced today. What a PITA. I had a homemade tool I bought for the M Coupe. I ended up using a 6" two jaw puller powered by an impact wrench for extraction and installation. It worked better than my tool.

Did my TAB's too. Question - do I need to tighten them under load since they are movement bushings? I've read this on the M Coupe forums. How the hell do you get in there to do that?
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                            Dudes I got my subframe bushings replaced today. What a PITA. I had a homemade tool I bought for the M Coupe. I ended up using a 6" two jaw puller powered by an impact wrench for extraction and installation. It worked better than my tool.

Did my TAB's too. Question - do I need to tighten them under load since they are movement bushings? I've read this on the M Coupe forums. How the hell do you get in there to do that?
                            Technically it's best to tighten everything you can possibly tighten when the car is on the ground and after you've driven it a few miles. So get it nice and snug, drive it up and down the street, and then drive it onto a set of ramps. and tighten away. If you can't get to it on ramps, just tighten to torque spec +5 and you'll be fine.

Comment

yes do tighten. I learned this the hard way.

Comment

So here I am, at 5am doing circuits. And I have to wake up at 7am to drive to school...

Comment

Working...
                                X