Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ it is quite pathetic what they do in Iowa it sounds like. I will do my best to avoid that state. I am surprised people aren't up in arms about it, I sure would be.

Comment

That is why most people move away. They try really hard to keep jobs in the state that aren't farmers. They only promoted community college when I was in high school. Then at Iowa State they heavily promoted staying in the state.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
        It's just smarter leaving options open by using the scoob. What if a bunch of friends want to go camping or on a road trip? The scoob holds stuff. What about a GF that doesnt like 5 pt harnesses and loud cars? What about helping friends move? I could keep going. Cops around here are nice, that isn't the case everywhere. Example, in Iowa you WILL get pulled over if you have a decent looking car. For no reason, just to search. Not sure what it's like in cali, just saying it does happen. Sure the M is more fun for ONE guy. I'd rather have the scoob while in school personally.

.........Just to start more fun rambling! lol
        Agreed entirely. It makes no sense to leave the practical fun car at home and move cross country in a car that is loud, small, and quite impractical. Scoob is going to california. Its the most useful car I've ever owned, and I need the room to transport most of my crap. Bike, skis, guns, three trombones, tools, computers, clothes, books, etc....it adds up quick.

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
        Having only an M3 - perfect excuse for not being sucked into helping someone move. Also, GF deterrent which means more currency and better grades! :)

I will agree about Iowa. Was pulled over for 74 in a 70 in the M3. bleh.
        Having GFs never affected my grades.....you're doing it wrong.

A red M3 is attracting the wrong type of girls....
        Which is why I use the scoob for dates. If they'll look beyond my car, they're a keeper.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
          One day you'll take an interest in girls Roland... Hopefully
          The interest is there. But right now, it's a low priority.

Originally posted by colorado_cabrio View Post
          I got a funny feeling this one time

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
          (how did Iowa get into this anyway? Iowa is like over by Wisconsin and stuff...)
          Wisconsin > Iowa.

That is why most people move away. They try really hard to keep jobs in the state that aren't farmers. They only promoted community college when I was in high school. Then at Iowa State they heavily promoted staying in the state.
          Sounds like upper Michigan. Their largest export is high-school graduates.

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
          Having GFs never affected my grades.....you're doing it wrong.
          Or right. It's a matter of perspective....

Which is why I use the scoob for dates. If they'll look beyond my car, they're a keeper.
          My rule of thumb is that they must be able to survive the 240, or 600lb+ springs with stiff tires. Too bad I don't have anymore of the latter.

Comment

I think my wife wants to drive during the next BMWCCA driving school....

Comment

You mean, the one in four/five weeks?
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

is that good or bad?

Comment

Originally posted by joshw02
                  Just ordered a set of h&r race springs from tirerack. They are on sale for $299 if anybody's looking for a set.
                  Did you buy a car?

Comment

I would love races, but only for around $200. Springs are overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by colorado_cabrio View Post
                      Did you buy a car?
                      Yep 87' 325is

Comment

dang thats an awesome price for races.

And why would my wife taking an interest in my hobby be a bad thing?

and i haven't started even planning for driving school yet.... how early do you have to register? pretty early, I think...

Comment

I want powersteering back, Z3/M3/E36 rack, no deadzone. Oh the dreaming....

Comment

Sam, school is already waitlisted, was a week after registration opened in march.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

6 spots open for CCA school Sunday (last I checked).

David, I might be interested in the M3 if you don't take it to Cali.

Hopefully will have the Z3 rack in and car back together on Thursday. Anyone have any tricks for getting CAB's on? Last time I used a piece of wood with a big hole and pounded (oh no that could be a bad sig quote!).
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                                6 spots open for CCA school Sunday (last I checked).

David, I might be interested in the M3 if you don't take it to Cali.

Hopefully will have the Z3 rack in and car back together on Thursday. Anyone have any tricks for getting CAB's on? Last time I used a piece of wood with a big hole and pounded (oh no that could be a bad sig quote!).
                                Cool, current plan is to leave it at Parents' House for first couple terms and to drive it to CA over thanksgiving or winter or something.....if I can figure out a place to store it.

Always in motion, the future is.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X