Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't know why I haven't bought a set already. Probably because I am scared of the ride quality. Might do AST's, who knows.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

It's not bad

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Ben - drive it as little as you can. If it is hard to shift/get in to gear because the clutch is dragging, you'll ruin the synchro's quickly trying to force it into gear.
        Chris
        97 M3
        01 325
        Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Alright thanks Chris. It's really only difficult going into first but I'll try to drive as little as I can. Though, only having one vehicle makes it difficult

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

This has nothing to do with anything but I thought I would share my favorite 02 pic.
            Attached Files
            Originally posted by joshw02
            Nice, did the saturn interior swap I see.
            Originally posted by Ian Bowers
            If we ever get in a BMW fight with Norway, you're our best hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
              Alright thanks Chris. It's really only difficult going into first but I'll try to drive as little as I can. Though, only having one vehicle makes it difficult
              Start in second lol
              Originally posted by joshw02
              Nice, did the saturn interior swap I see.
              Originally posted by Ian Bowers
              If we ever get in a BMW fight with Norway, you're our best hope.

Comment

It's really kinda intermittent, I'm just trying to drive less and be easy when I do
                Last edited by Bishop; 05-13-2011, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  Clutch is easy on an E30. Pretty much everything is easy on an E30. Much more so than an E36.
                  I highly doubt that.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                    I highly doubt that.

As do I.

Case in point: I aligned my car yesterday. All 4 wheels. :-)
                    Chris
                    97 M3
                    01 325
                    Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Oh no he didn't.

+1 on e36 easier to work on than e30, esp for folks like me.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

why would E36s be easier to work on? they are newer, bigger, and more complicated in every aspect. I mean, E36s aren't HARD to work on, but my E30 318is is pretty dang simple.

Comment

I think the e30 is cake compared to the Subarus I had

Comment

I would rather work on my Ti then the E30. But then again the Ti is half E30.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

SCORE!!

My wife alerted me of a particularly interesting yard sale this morning, Apparently this lady's husband had died and he was an auto mechanic and she was selling ALL his tools it was awesome. I got a buffer, a cutting wheel/angle grinder, a pneumatic cutoff wheel, two jack stands, gear wrenches, standard wrenches, soldering iron, 12V tester, air nozzle, tool cart, and TONS of other crap, all for $60.

Comment

This is awesome

Just swapped out my old 4.10 LSD that I got from Ben, the thing screams like a banshee and I literally wear earplugs to and from school every day. Slapped in another 4.10 LSD from an auto 325i (Thanks, Twigg!!!) and the thing is freaking SILENT. It is so amazing. ah, pure bliss finally. I think if I put speakers back in my E30 I can actually hear them now.

I guess the old one had bad bearings or something, because swapping fluid for thicker/stickier fluid made zero change in the sound. I'll prob rip it apart and rebuild it, or slap in new bearings at the very least.

I am pumped.

Comment

Working...
                                X