• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    all you have to do is merge oilpans.
    You say that like anyone can do it. :rofl:

Comment

All you need is patience and someone whose competent at welding aluminum... It's not rocket science.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
        You say that like anyone can do it. :rofl:
        Originally posted by Bishop View Post
        All you need is patience and someone whose competent at welding aluminum... It's not rocket science.
        :ohsnap:
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by joshw02
          Nice, did the saturn interior swap I see.
          Originally posted by Ian Bowers
          If we ever get in a BMW fight with Norway, you're our best hope.

Comment

:ohsnap:
            Like I said, not anyone can do it. Welding aluminum is tricky shit, in case you haven't tried it before....

Comment

I drove Jonny's AYHSMBs IX and it was noticeably slower. Just wait until the next big snow then you will be much faster!
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Wut

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                Originally posted by DTM190
                "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Like I said, not anyone can do it. Welding aluminum is tricky shit, in case you haven't tried it before....
                  I haven't tried it myself. I know it's not as easy as steel, but any competent welder with some experience welding aluminum could do it....and there are quite a few guys around that are skilled welders.

It's not something I could do if handed a welder, but that's what cases of beer and pizza are for.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I haven't tried it myself. I know it's not as easy as steel, but any competent welder with some experience welding aluminum could do it....and there are quite a few guys around that are skilled welders.

It's not something I could do if handed a welder, but that's what cases of beer and pizza are for.
                    I'm just saying, it's quite the project. Measure twice, cut once, measure twice, weld once, hope to god it lines up right.

Comment

I'm just saying, it's quite the project. Measure twice, cut once, measure twice, weld once, hope to god it lines up right.
                      True, which is why you get a guy skilled enough to do the job right, and if he doesn't, honorable enough to make things right. It is a hurdle, but not that bad.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

The other david (not bimmerman) has no issues welding aluminum he just doesn't do it as much since the majority of stuff in the construction/fabrication industry is steel.
                        89 325i (Sold)
                        95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                        2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Hmm, I knew it was slower, but I think part of my problem is my ignition components are old, does anyone know if 91 octane will work with a 93 octane chip?

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                            Hmm, I knew it was slower, but I think part of my problem is my ignition components are old, does anyone know if 91 octane will work with a 93 octane chip?
                            At altitude, it could. It also might knock. At sea level, not a chance.

Why bother? Get a 91 chip.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

91 and 93 should be interchangeable without issue, if you have problems, you have a shitty chip, or bought bad gas.

Also, 91 gasoline at sea level is equivalent to ~95 at ~5000 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                                I drove Jonny's AYHSMBs IX and it was noticeably slower. Just wait until the next big snow then you will be much faster!
                                That will be tomorrow the way it's going....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X