Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a guy selling a 93 cheap. Would 91 be ok at around 4000 feet?

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
      I found a guy selling a 93 cheap. Would 91 be ok at around 4000 feet?
      Should be fine, but I'm not liable for anything.

;)

Comment

What would 91 be in Leadville? 10,000+ feet. I always though less oxygen would decrease power. and then you are buying 10percent or more ethanol(Corn) so you only get 90 percent of 91 octane and at altitude -I have my conspiracy theories but it is pretty certain we all get screwed by the oil industry
        but olathe corn is badass
        sigpic

Comment

octane rating is calculated after the corn is added to the fuel. By the way, you're getting screwed more by the farmers than the oil companies every time you fuel up with any ethanol added fuel. You're also contributing to the starvation of less fortunate people too. I'm not kidding.

A gallon of gas sold at sea level gains about 0.8 octane rating for every 1000 feet above sea level it is used due to lack of atmospheric pressure (assuming car is normally aspirated too).

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

This is why we can run 85 in engines designed for 87 without issue, the altitude and lack of air raise the effective octane rating of the gas regardless of its actual octane.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Video of my fastest lap, a 1:39.425. Traffic and a big slip-n-slide into T9... I think 38's were attainable.

Fastest lap of the weekend at Motorsport Park Hastings. 1:39.425 in a TTC M3.
                Chris
                97 M3
                01 325
                Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

What time was that? I flew over your house today. Was on the ground by 5:00. Threw my drogue chute and landed in the field just behind the first turn.
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                    Video of my fastest lap, a 1:39.425. Traffic and a big slip-n-slide into T9... I think 38's were attainable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpwqh5xTKKI
                    looks great! You still running the 3.23 rear?
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

That's my favorite stretch of the road. Gotta be going down too. Going up is boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpwqh5xTKKI
                      Nice! That's making me want to spend money that I shouldn't.

Comment

Hmm, I will call or email Mark and ask him directly to see what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                          That's my favorite stretch of the road. Gotta be going down too. Going up is boring.

Nice! That's making me want to spend money that I should.
                          Fixed
                          89 325i (Sold)
                          95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                          2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                            looks great! You still running the 3.23 rear?
                            Yes. Works just about perfect with the 255/40-17 at MPH. If I was hitting the rev limiter at the end of the main straight, and coming into T8, it meant I was getting it right.
                            Chris
                            97 M3
                            01 325
                            Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Yes. Works just about perfect with the 255/40-17 at MPH. If I was hitting the rev limiter at the end of the main straight, and coming into T8, it meant I was getting it right.
                              Looked like you were hitting the limiter a bit before the braking point...do you think the 3.15 would help at all?
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Anyone know the correct order, if there is one, in which these washers and spacers go on the bolt for attaching the seat belt to the seat of a 4 door?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X