This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    When are you moving? I could come help, plus pick up sams subframe if its next weekend. We have a mess of boxes to go throu gh now:(
    Moving today/tomorrow!

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Brad what time will you be moving? I might be able to help out for a bit this afternoon?
      89 325i (Sold)
      95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
      2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

The big move is tomorrow at 10:30am. Today we aren't doing much, just getting it all ready and letting the dog run around. If anyone is really bored and wants to help tomorrow, feel free! It wont be fun, but there will be beer and a patio set.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
          The big move is tomorrow at 10:30am. Today we aren't doing much, just getting it all ready and letting the dog run around. If anyone is really bored and wants to help tomorrow, feel free! It wont be fun, but there will be beer and a patio set.
          Haha. Text me the address and I'll see what I can do.
          89 325i (Sold)
          95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
          2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

1960 Denver West Dr. apt 626 Golden

10:30-11:00 I will be there with el trucko if anyone wants beer. Well actually the beer will be at the new place, so yeah....

Comment

dang, were cleaning the old apartment tomorrow. Wish I could come help out, I know how much extra bodies help get everything in/out of the truck!
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I might be able to help.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

No worries. It will get done no matter how many bodies there are :)

Comment

I can haz suburban?

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                      I can haz suburban?
                      Shouldn't be needed. However, I still have your brake bleeder because ifail. Let me know when I can bring it to you.

Comment

Ok, here's a off-BMW question for Roland...
                        2001 Volvo V70 T5 with the auto-tranny and 85K miles.
                        Car pulls great up to about 4K RPMs and then it slows on acceleration.
                        Cannot pull to redline and upshifts below the 4K are needed to continue accelerating (slowly) at highway speeds.
                        Ideas, suggestions, or things to look over are greatly appreciated.

- Erik
                        Pattern Draft Imaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                          Shouldn't be needed. However, I still have your brake bleeder because ifail. Let me know when I can bring it to you.
                          Whenever works. I'll be home all night and probably tomorrow morning.

Originally posted by bluefox280 View Post
                          Ok, here's a off-BMW question for Roland...
                          2001 Volvo V70 T5 with the auto-tranny and 85K miles.
                          Car pulls great up to about 4K RPMs and then it slows on acceleration.
                          Cannot pull to redline and upshifts below the 4K are needed to continue accelerating (slowly) at highway speeds.
                          Ideas, suggestions, or things to look over are greatly appreciated.

- Erik
                          Is the CEL flashing at all?

How does it idle?

Check the coil packs and boots for cracks/deterioration. Check the plugs to make sure they're gapped right (.026" for tarbos).

Sounds like it's misfiring.

Edit: obviously pull any codes too. Fuel supply would be my next stop if you can't find anything wrong with the ignition, but I've never had fuel problems with either of my T5s or regular 5 cylinders.
                          Last edited by Roland H; 08-27-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Is the CEL flashing at all?
                            Nope; no MILs or CELs.

How does it idle?
                            Smooth; not a problem.

Check the coil packs and boots for cracks/deterioration. Check the plugs to make sure they're gapped right (.026" for tarbos).
                            Will start with such... thanks!

- Erik
                            Pattern Draft Imaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Comment

Originally posted by bluefox280 View Post
                              Nope; no MILs or CELs.
                              Smooth; not a problem.
                              Interesting.... not normal for v70/s70 to start breaking until about 180k miles. then they start to fall apart pretty quick.

Comment

Interesting.... not normal for v70/s70 to start breaking until about 180k miles.
                                Just checked maintenance history; plugs were replaced by dealer only 22K miles ago.
                                What else to look / test for Roland?

- Erik

Comment

Working...
                                X