Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll have to get the car weighed and have the TT office give you a 'base' class since your car is swapped. Alternately, I think they do something with power/weight ratio for a base class. Either way, each TT group is varied and you'll definitely be competitive. It's a great environment and all the people involved are very firm on safety being #1.

My car is going to be right at the limit for TTB next year, most likely. I'm planning on making it nationally competitive, and I will likely be at every NASA event locally next season (except at PPIR, not a big fan of that track.)
    Chris
    97 M3
    01 325
    Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Hey guys. I'm gathering my footage from Friday. Here's an iPhone telemetry overlay of a lap. The G circle is 90 degress off because the phone was mounted vertically when it recorded the data.

By the end of the day I was running solid 2:10's. I really need camber plates at the very least. The stock suspension on the M Coupe is killing me. Eventually, KW's or TC Kline will replace the stock set up. I think some R compound tires would allow a slightly higher entry speed, but my shifting is killing me more than any component. The steering wheel is too big for me to angle my foot right and the M Coupe has virtually zero adjustability.
      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

went for a drive last night. It'd be more fun If it was daylight and I could see what's coming up. Best part is the motor noise I think...

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          went for a drive last night. It'd be more fun If it was daylight and I could see what's coming up. Best part is the motor noise I think...

MUST. GET. ITBs.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

325 parts co

I have some interior parts for sale out of my e30, Im gutting most of the inside so I have the rear seats(in decent shape) and some door panels..stuff like that. Also have the stock rims with tires(not much thread left) asking like 150obo. Im in denver so just let me know

Comment

ski pass rear seat?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                ski pass rear seat?
                second after brad. Do you have the front seats? What color?

Comment

Originally posted by nebraskafandb View Post
                  I have some interior parts for sale out of my e30, Im gutting most of the inside so I have the rear seats(in decent shape) and some door panels..stuff like that. Also have the stock rims with tires(not much thread left) asking like 150obo. Im in denver so just let me know

You are gutting your E30 to rally it, right?

Comment

Hey guys,
                    My name is Aaron and I'm new on here. Ted (downforce22) told me about this forum. Here is my story. Basically, I am driving an ae86 but I want a winter car and I have always love the e30s and I am in the market for one. I would like either an is (don't know how good it'll do with snow) or ix (awesome in the snow). But my dream, like many on here, is to have the e30 m3. Anyway, been looking around on craigslist and saw a few but I'm pretty picky and I know that I can't be when it comes to old cars but oh well. Oh and today at you pull you pay in the springs, I was there to get some parts for my friend Ted, and sure enough I saw this nice looking arm rest on an e30. Called Ted and told him about it and he wanted it so I pulled it off for him. Paid $2.99 for it. Came home looked on this very forum and found out that people are selling these arm rest for over $200! I guess you guys like these Husco arm rests? Anyway, I guess it was right place at right time. So the reason I'm telling you this is because as you can see, I am new to this and I know nothing. All I know is that I want an e30 and I live in Colorado Springs. So any help from the locals would be awesome.

Comment

Welcome! What is your e30 budget?

Ive always liked ae86s, great car.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

^^ thank you. Well I don't know yet on my budget. Looking to spending no more than 2k if I can help it. Ideally I would love to find one for 1k and work on it. I'm going to look at one right now for $1500. We will see tho. And yes I love my 86 :)

Comment

Originally posted by aaron_86 View Post
                          Hey guys,
                          My name is Aaron and I'm new on here. Ted (downforce22) told me about this forum. Here is my story. Basically, I am driving an ae86 but I want a winter car and I have always love the e30s and I am in the market for one. I would like either an is (don't know how good it'll do with snow) or ix (awesome in the snow). But my dream, like many on here, is to have the e30 m3. Anyway, been looking around on craigslist and saw a few but I'm pretty picky and I know that I can't be when it comes to old cars but oh well. Oh and today at you pull you pay in the springs, I was there to get some parts for my friend Ted, and sure enough I saw this nice looking arm rest on an e30. Called Ted and told him about it and he wanted it so I pulled it off for him. Paid $2.99 for it. Came home looked on this very forum and found out that people are selling these arm rest for over $200! I guess you guys like these Husco arm rests? Anyway, I guess it was right place at right time. So the reason I'm telling you this is because as you can see, I am new to this and I know nothing. All I know is that I want an e30 and I live in Colorado Springs. So any help from the locals would be awesome.
                          Welcome aboard man!!..... I was going to offer my vert but saw the 2k tops and.... good luck with what ever you get, now pictures of the ae86.
                          sigpic
                          HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                          " enjoy the show "

Comment

i haven't seen a husco go for $200... welcome to our trainwreck eitherway

Comment

Ross on here (monkeytaco) is selling his '91 318is for $2k, its super rust free, straight body, highish miles, but don't let that bother you. Also, the '91 318is is the most sought after US E30 other than the M3. Arguably the late model ('89-91) 325is can be as popular, but they are more common than the 318is.

Comment

Aaron, I'd recommend you drive a bunch of E30s. 318s, 325is, 325es, 325ixs, and decide for yourself which you want.

Many people like the 318is, but realize it is seriously underpowered and slow. The 325i has a much more durable motor, more power, and more torque, but it doesn't handle as well due to a worse front/rear balance, has slightly worse fuel economy, and is more maintenance intensive.

The handling difference is nitpicking, both cars handle very well when compared to other cars in its price range. I would go for a clean 325i over a 318i simply because it will cost less for a 325i, you'll be faster, there are many more aftermarket parts available, parts are cheaper engine-wise, and I think it sounds way better.

I know it's blasphemy on this board, but your budget also allows for an E36 325i/iS, vanos or nonvanos. I'd take one of them personally, as there is a much better aftermarket, the car handles much better stock vs stock/mod vs mod, they are far easier to work on (I've owned both e30 and e36), and have better brakes/engines/suspension/can fit more tire/etc.

I'd drive an E30 and an E36 before you decide. E30s are great, but your budget allows for a decent E30 or E36, so it would be stupid not to investigate both options.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X