Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. But don't let a water pump and t-belt sway anyone's decision. It's almost too easy to replace.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Welcome, Aaron! And thanks everyone else for the props on my car. I've had 2 more calls this morning so I'm hopeful that she'll sell soon...

Check the craigslist ad if you want to call me about it: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2651950847.html

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Hey monkeytaco, I tried to go to your ad on craigslist but it looks like you already sold it. If so congrats!

Comment

yeah it's gone...

Comment

Originally posted by aaron_86 View Post
            Hey monkeytaco, I tried to go to your ad on craigslist but it looks like you already sold it. If so congrats!
            Yeah, sorry and thanks! We'll help you find a sweet deal around here somewhere!

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Got to move fast. Had one slip out from under me when I was looking for mine. We could all pool our resources and buy that 318 race car!
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                Got to move fast. Had one slip out from under me when I was looking for mine. We could all pool our resources and buy that 318 race car!
                sounds good to me! the new R3v TT car!
                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

^Hey it's cool. What do you guys think about this car? I've emailed the guy and I don't know. Do you guys think it will be too much work even tho I'm getting it for pretty cheap? And thanks for the help.

Comment

yikes.
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

No

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

terrible choice; for the 1200 difference initial purchase price between this car and one going for $2k you spend 5 grand making the repairs.

do not pass go

Comment

You do not want to buy an E30 for less than $2k.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                            You do not want to buy an E30 for less than $2k.
                            Well I wouldn't go that far. I have bought plenty of very nice E30s for sub-$2k. In fact, I have NEVER bought a BMW 1991 or older for over $2k.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                              Well I wouldn't go that far. I have bought plenty of very nice E30s for sub-$2k. In fact, I have NEVER bought a BMW 1991 or older for over $2k.
                              Yes, but you're happy to spend countless hours working on them to get them un-shitty. If you want to get in and drive and have the car work well with no major issues, $2k is about the minimum you want to spend.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                                Yes, but you're happy to spend countless hours working on them to get them un-shitty. If you want to get in and drive and have the car work well with no major issues, $2k is about the minimum you want to spend.
                                well, yes, this is true.

It IS possible to get a perfectly good turn-key E30 for sub-$2k, but it is going to be an eta or early model of some sort.

Or the seller is an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X