Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. So 8.5's might be the more realistic ticket then. The Coupe w/ 9.5's is running at least 3+ and I'm sure has some fender rolling. Is that Coupe still local?
    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Yep. It was $$$$$shifted and is waiting on the new owner to gather up the funds to take care of that. Probably be back out again next season with some new goodies.
      Chris
      97 M3
      01 325
      Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Ouch! S52 or S54? Color? I thought I knew all the M Coupes in the area.
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

S52. Silver on Black. I think it's got <40k miles on it. Super clean.
          Chris
          97 M3
          01 325
          Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Oh, we'll have to get him in on Jon Martin's NoCO M Coupe list. If I know Jon, he probably already knows him. I drove Colby's M Roadster w/ KW Variant 3's It was super solid. Do want...
            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Yeah, the V3's are excellent. Good mix of street and track manners. Very reliable too. We have them on our SpecM3 racecar.
              Chris
              97 M3
              01 325
              Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

spare tire

Anyone in the longmont/boulder area have a extra 235/45/17 with decent tread? Just need one for a spare tire.

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                  Yeah, the V3's are excellent. Good mix of street and track manners. Very reliable too. We have them on our SpecM3 racecar
                  How do you rate the V3s vs TCK DAs or vs 4100s?

Fitting 305s on a z3moupe is just insane.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Paging Roland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6BjI1lG2q4A
                    89 325i (Sold)
                    95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                    2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

For sale too... I wonder how much he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                        How do you rate the V3s vs TCK DAs or vs 4100s?

Fitting 305s on a z3moupe is just insane.
                        I would say the V3s are probably the best of those 3 right out of the box, for value ($2400 with springs.) However, the spring rates they come with are a little soft. The valving has a wide spread though, they have no trouble handling the common 550/650 setup.

4100s are good, too, but it depends on what you're doing. Having a compression adjuster is nice, especially on a street car.

TCK DA's are just older technology, and I think KW has a better product for the money. Also, our V3's have been off track many times (student car) and generally beaten/abused... No leaks, no problems, no corrosion. Very durable. The only thing I don't like about the KW kit is the plastic/nylon upper spring perch. Fortunately, vorshlag and most other camber plates replace that.

By the time you buy another set of springs for the V3's, they are $2700... Not too far from having 4200s at this point. For a purely street/weekend occasional track car, the stock springs would be just fine. They are 450F/progressive rear. I think the rears are probably around a 400-700 variable rate, just a guess though.
                        Chris
                        97 M3
                        01 325
                        Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                          I would say the V3s are probably the best of those 3 right out of the box, for value ($2400 with springs.) However, the spring rates they come with are a little soft. The valving has a wide spread though, they have no trouble handling the common 550/650 setup.

4100s are good, too, but it depends on what you're doing. Having a compression adjuster is nice, especially on a street car.

TCK DA's are just older technology, and I think KW has a better product for the money. Also, our V3's have been off track many times (student car) and generally beaten/abused... No leaks, no problems, no corrosion. Very durable. The only thing I don't like about the KW kit is the plastic/nylon upper spring perch. Fortunately, vorshlag and most other camber plates replace that.

By the time you buy another set of springs for the V3's, they are $2700... Not too far from having 4200s at this point. For a purely street/weekend occasional track car, the stock springs would be just fine. They are 450F/progressive rear. I think the rears are probably around a 400-700 variable rate, just a guess though.
                          I always liked their stuff from an outside point of view but haven't ever driven on them. I'm somewhat tossing around the idea of an M3 sedan post-grad for a DD and a nice set of coils is immediate on the WANT list.

Since my TCKs need rebuilding I'm getting tempted to rebuild and then sell them for something else since they'll be off the car.

Still no word on the 5210s? mustnotspendmoney.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I haven't asked about the 5210's lately. They are a killer for points in TT due to being inverted.

If I was doing a DD, I would absolutely look into the KW's.
                            Chris
                            97 M3
                            01 325
                            Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

David, I drove Colby's KW V3's and I was very impressed. Only slightly firmer ride than stock and very compliant over broken pavement that would be nothing but chatter in my E30 w/ H&R Sports and Bilstiens. Getting on it they were firm and minimized the body roll that kills me in the stock M Coupe suspension. I hung the tail out a few times and it was solid and planted, nothing but confidence inspiring.
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

It's dumping on Vail pass!! 20 tonight?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X