This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    Going poorly. They haven't released the price on the Abarth so I have no idea. Abarth, GTI, Golf R, WRX, BRZ, who knows?
    Brad, this might make the choice harder. BRZ starts at 24k.

Journo-tweets from the Subaru BRZ's Japanese launch are offering up new insight on that half of the Subyota equation. Most specifically, pricing and options. The BRZ will reportedly start at around $24,000 and rise to $27,000 for the Limited model.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
      Brad, this might make the choice harder. BRZ starts at 24k.

http://m.jalopnik.com/5864550/subaru...tarts-at-24000
      nice price point!
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        nice price point!
        I know, right? I keep saying it, but I think this car will be a perfect post-grad DD/funmobile.

27k for the fully loaded version with alcantara/leather seats (like Evo 9 MR), 16/15" brakes under 17" wheels, standard LSD/6spd....it just sounds awesome.

/nerdgasm.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

15/16" brakes for a car under 2,700 pounds? Is that confirmed?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

15/16" brakes for a car under 2,700 pounds? Is that confirmed?
            Honestly I think jalopnik made a typo, 404mm brakes (16") is ridiculous under 17" wheels and for the vehicle weight.

I'm betting on 330mm max, so 13"

Still ginormous.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I'm looking for reports to corroborate Jalopnik's take, but here's some stuff I found.

Motor trend test drive

Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Never read anything about the BRZ till now.... Kind of a bummer it's so low on horsepower

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                Originally posted by DTM190
                "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                  Never read anything about the BRZ till now.... Kind of a bummer it's so low on horsepower
                  it weighs 2689lb and costs 24k.

200hp is plenty, it's not competing against mustangs for straight line performance.

It's more in line with the Miata/S2K/RX8/Mini as a brilliant momentum car.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I really want that! The BRZ version looks so nice.

Comment

I don't like stanced cars and I like the BRZ better but, hot damn!

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop
                        CG? No way that's real..... yet

and why does it have a yota badge
                        The car shape is real, the drop/etc is photoshopped.

You need to do more reading, the car was codeveloped by Subaru and Toyota, and they each will be selling a version. Subaru did the engineering, Toyota the exterior design and product planning; I'd buy a Subaru version since they did the lion's share of the work imo.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yup, I reread what was posted and deleted my post, nice quote grab though lol...

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                          Originally posted by DTM190
                          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                            Yup, I reread what was posted and deleted my post, nice quote grab though lol...
                            haha no worries. I'm the resident bored internet ninja.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

It sucks that we get the Scion and not the Toyota. I would have bought the Toyota just because of their FR heritage. The only real option is the scooby doo brrrrrrrz because who wants to own a Scion?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

It sucks that we get the Scion and not the Toyota. I would have bought the Toyota just because of their FR heritage. The only real option is the scooby doo brrrrrrrz because who wants to own a Scion?
                                How important is a brand name though? Scion = toyota in my mind...

I'm all on board for the Scoob, but I'm a subaru nut so that's to be expected.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X