Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I could stomach it I'd post a picture of the bathroom, but I don't want to stay up all night terrified on the rat's nest that is waiting for me if I choose to do it.
    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

The thing with the British is that they don't buy sports-cars to drive them. They buy them to work on them, and "test" their mechanic skills with them later. Same thing with airplanes too. My dad's friend has a very large farm in England with a huge hangar full of 60s british sports-cars and airplanes. Most, if not all, of them are torn apart. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        What's the use of a comfy bed if you can't fall asleep? Insomnia isn't exactly fun.
        Good point. I don't have insomnia but, it takes me forever to fall asleep. Once I do though, I'm out.

Comment

I would love a TR6 as a weekend car. Or any British roadster.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
            Have I mentioned that I don't really like E28s?

Holy crap do the brakes suck, the lights suck, the M30 engine only makes noise but no thrust, the handling sucks, the steering sucks, the upright seating sucks, and the mpg sucks.

They do have excellent visibility and storage space though.

I could deal with the flaws aside from the brakes and lights. Sealed beams were invented by a retard inbred, and the brakes inspire less confidence than Congress actually doing good for the country.

Cannot wait to get my M3's engine back together.
            As the forum's proponent of E28s, I guess I feel obligated to respond here.

Compared to your M3, every system in a bone stock high mileage E28 is going to suck, and it BETTER be that way, your car is a modded M3!!!

However, brakes are easily remedied (E34 540i upgrade) and so are the lights, the old M30 won't pull as hard as your S50, that's for sure, and the steering system does kind of suck actually, but suspension can be improved with some coilover action.

That said, the 535is is a heavy boat. That is why I have a 520i, which has a factory curb weight of ~2700 lbs. ;)

Comment

Who's the guy that drives the wheels off that grey E28 at HPR? He's been out there at both open track days I did this year.
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                Who's the guy that drives the wheels off that grey E28 at HPR? He's been out there at both open track days I did this year.
                I don't know, but I am just waiting for that poor thing to roll.

Comment

Does AutoX require a helmet rating for non-competition beyond basic DOT ratings?

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                    Does anyone have an i lip they would like to sell me?
                    Anyone?

Also, for good measure...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                      Does AutoX require a helmet rating for non-competition beyond basic DOT ratings?
                      Has to be Snell M2000 or SA2000 or newer. No special rating.
                      Chris
                      97 M3
                      01 325
                      Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        Anyone?

Also, for good measure...

I say that, pretty cool.

You need to straighten your valence.

Comment

Thought I finally found a Tacoma to buy...25k miles, 2002 trd, real nice. Until I noticed that the roof had hail damage, but hood and fenders didn't. Fishy. Sure enough, they were missing vin tags. Owner told me it had no accidents, so I called him on it and he's like oh, that, ya I hit a guard rail and did $9k of damage. Still looking, budget is now $15k or so.

Comment

I hate it when people knowingly hide stuff like that (but love calling them on it.)

When I do pre-buys at the shop where both the prospective buyer and owner are there, it can be pretty entertaining. Pointing out obvious collision damage/repair on original-owner "never wrecked" vehicles is the best. Overspray, tool marks on body hardware, paint seams, runs, and missing VIN stickers are all telltale signs. It is amazing how much more you see when the car is up on a lift.
                            Chris
                            97 M3
                            01 325
                            Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                              I hate it when people knowingly hide stuff like that (but love calling them on it.)

When I do pre-buys at the shop where both the prospective buyer and owner are there, it can be pretty entertaining. Pointing out obvious collision damage/repair on original-owner "never wrecked" vehicles is the best. Overspray, tool marks on body hardware, paint seams, runs, and missing VIN stickers are all telltale signs. It is amazing how much more you see when the car is up on a lift.
                              Haha yea....like one of the POs covering up a halfassed moneyshift "repair" aka "lets deck the head and forget about it."

I kinda want to rebuild it to know that i have a perfect and reliable engine.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                                Has to be Snell M2000 or SA2000 or newer. No special rating.
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X