This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
    Or, you could find a SO that also enjoys motorsports. Then all the things are for everyone!
    There is that, but they are rare, especially the ones that check out in all of the other important categories also.

Comment

I guess it depends how the money is divided, whether all money is shared or each person has their own spending account so long as bills/retirement/etc are paid for jointly.

I'm not sure how my folks go about dividing accounts, but they have a looooong standing agreement that Mom doesn't ask how much dad spends on guns/airplanes/hunting while dad doesn't ask how much mom spends on books/puzzles/painting. I think if you average over time, mom's spent more on books than dad has on his hobbies.

It's worked for 40+ years....so I'm sure a similar arrangement with wife's hobby vs husband's hobby can be arranged in any marriage.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        I guess it depends how the money is divided, whether all money is shared or each person has their own spending account so long as bills/retirement/etc are paid for jointly.

I'm not sure how my folks go about dividing accounts, but they have a looooong standing agreement that Mom doesn't ask how much dad spends on guns/airplanes/hunting while dad doesn't ask how much mom spends on books/puzzles/painting. I think if you average over time, mom's spent more on books than dad has on his hobbies.

It's worked for 40+ years....so I'm sure a similar arrangement with wife's hobby vs husband's hobby can be arranged in any marriage.
        That's how it works for us. Shared money, etc. I guess I was taken off guard by the "wife statement" because if I started a project M3 I would sink a huge amount of money into it very quickly, which wouldn't be fair. There is no "Hey wife...can I have this? can I have that?" That's not a healthy relationship.

Relationship talk is boring.

I started the E30 for the first time 3 months. Seems to be fine, I just need to run though this gas. I think I am going to pull it behind the fence and store it in the yard. I have no idea what to do with it.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Sell E30, buy BRZ?

Srs tho, S5x/s54 swap the E30 for entertaining track car duty?
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Sell E30, buy BRZ?

Srs tho, S5x/s54 swap the E30 for entertaining track car duty?
            We have to finish this whole car-flip-a-roo before I sink more into the E30. I'm not selling it though, they aren't worth any substantial amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
              We have to finish this whole car-flip-a-roo before I sink more into the E30. I'm not selling it though, they aren't worth any substantial amount of money.
              That's my feeling with the Legacy. The amount of money someone would pay me for it isn't worth my time to bother selling it. It costs me nothing to keep...so...yea, no real reason to sell.

What's the current plan? Obv buy abarth, but what about the DSM/Jeep/ti?
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

That's my feeling with the Legacy. The amount of money someone would pay me for it isn't worth my time to bother selling it. It costs me nothing to keep...so...yea, no real reason to sell.

What's the current plan? Obv buy abarth, but what about the DSM/Jeep/ti?
                Current plan is to get the Abarth and then replace the Ti and Jeep as soon as we can. Both will be sold.

Comment

The last 2 pages of this thread have made me not want to read anymore. lol
                  89 325i (Sold)
                  95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                  2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

So im sitting in breckonridg, flipping 2two hours from home and some hippy chick in a honda passport with bald tires slides into the side of the truck and the trailer.
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      So im sitting in breckonridg, flipping 2two hours from home and some hippy chick in a honda passport with bald tires slides into the side of the truck and the trailer.
                      dude.... :(

1. You ok?
                      2. pics?

Comment

That sucks Eric! You ok?
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

we want pics!!!

Did you call the cops and get her insurance info?? Is the M3 ok?

oh, and are you ok, by the way? meh, i'm sure you are...

Comment

Sorry for the quick reply without any details! Yeah i'm fine, it was a very low speed impact. The bed of the truck has a small dent and a few scratches, and the wheel cover on the trailer is dented in a little bit.

Funny thing is that the police station is right on that corner, and a cop just happened to be behind us by just a few seconds, so she took over. We pulled into the station, and while I waited for 45 minutes, 5 lady cops came in and out of the station, and they were all very nice looking! Breckonridge must have a horny old police chief or something!

I know wives things are boring to some of you guys, but I just gotta say that my wife is pretty awesome about all my car schenanigans. She grew up with her dad building drag race cars and going to the drag races... but that doesn't mean the really likes it, she just understands it. As for the money, We do a budget every two weeks and the only "collective" money that is spent on cars is for maintenance items or fuel/insurance. All the fun car stuff I do is from selling parts. Worked pretty nice when I was in germany and I had steady pickings, but now that that collection of parts I brought back is thinning, I'm not sure how to modify our previous agreement! haha.
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Eric that sucks! They should pull her phone to see if she was texting. Glad the M3 was safe though.

Brad do you have a good car cover. Are you trying to keep the E30 as an investment? If not and you don't plan on using it as a DD I might cut my losses on it and search for an E36 M3 as a more dedicated track machine. I had a serious offer to trade mine straight up for a perfect M3 track candidate.

As far as wife's go I have to give mine credit for putting up with my crazy schemes. Being gone every time I go to work has not helped, but I really try to make my time at home count and support her in her schemes. We are both hell bend on not having kids either, so that helps. My advice is to work that shit out early on!
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Also - V12 Twin Turbo in a Z3 if you didn't see it over on bimmerforums. Looking forward to video.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
                                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Working...
                                X