DSCN4033 by ericandshovin, on Flickr
    Oh boy!

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
      Oh boy!
      Yeah, I'm excited!

DSCN4036 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

Also, here are a few aerodynamic pics from last weeks snow/wind storm we had out here on the high planes

Almost looks like E30 M3 flares!

DSCN4019 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

DSCN4022 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

DSCN4018 by ericandshovin, on Flickr
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

e30

so this is your car i was admiring at HPR back in september then

Fender Roller Rental | RTAB Tool Rental

e36 Climate Control Issues?
        Your ≠ you are
        You`re ≠ your

Comment

that would be the one!

Comment

Does ast no longer weld strut tubes on for e30s? Interesting.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
              Does ast no longer weld strut tubes on for e30s? Interesting.
              They have always offered the basic kit with strut inserts, but many of the vendors will modify them for you at an additional cost. I believe just about every reputable manufacture does it this way. The H&R's that I have now, the PO told me H&R required him to send in the struts, and they modified them and sent them back with the stock perch removed, and threads installed.

Boriksh - yup, that's my POS, man that aero is ugly

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                Boriksh - yup, that's my POS, man that aero is ugly
                This is your track car, so as long as it works, it is all good. I like it.

Fender Roller Rental | RTAB Tool Rental

e36 Climate Control Issues?
                Your ≠ you are
                You`re ≠ your

Comment

Is your splitter just attached to the factory lip? I am surprised it doesn't fly off at high speeds.

Comment

Is your splitter just attached to the factory lip? I am surprised it doesn't fly off at high speeds.
                    No, I have 8 1/4-20 rods attached to the bottom of the valence, and the lips have holes drilled in them and are slipped over the rods, then the splitter is attached and a lock nut on the bottom. I also have supports welded to the frame that hang down in 4 locations, and Finally the splitter is also bolted to the radiator support.

Comment

No, I have 8 1/4-20 rods attached to the bottom of the valence, and the lips have holes drilled in them and are slipped over the rods, then the splitter is attached and a lock nut on the bottom. I also have supports welded to the frame that hang down in 4 locations, and Finally the splitter is also bolted to the radiator support.
                      Gotcha. So if I understand it you can adjust it ever so slightly by mounting the furthest back nuts up higher on the bolts and the front ones lower?

Comment

What is the aero plan on the new car? Are you going to go as big as you did with the sedan? Sport Evo wing with DTM flap? Evo 3 front end with under tray? A.V.P motorsport type aero?

Comment

Gotcha. So if I understand it you can adjust it ever so slightly by mounting the furthest back nuts up higher on the bolts and the front ones lower?
                          Yes, but I just set it so that the splitter was level with the ground and flush with the iS lip. It also just barely clears the E34 M50 oil pan too.

Originally posted by CO318is View Post
                          What is the aero plan on the new car? Are you going to go as big as you did with the sedan? Sport Evo wing with DTM flap? Evo 3 front end with under tray? A.V.P motorsport type aero?
                          I want to keep it clean looking, so I was thinking of putting a EVO III + EVO II rear wing on the current trunk lid, but remove the trunk hinge and have it on quick disconnects. Then I would have a skin with a brooks style wing that can be easily swapped out.

For the front I would LOVE to do a Flossman front splitter, but those are terribly hard to find, so I'll probably just do the standard EVO III treatment. I hate the EVO II lip.

Here are a few pictures of John Johnsons M3 with the Flossman splitter. I got to ride a bunch of laps in this car with John piloting the thing. He's done about 10,000 laps around the ring, and this car is a beast. Super fun times!

Edit: I took a few pictures of the A.V.P E30 M3 at the DTM revival in 2009... That car is just nutty!

Loved the detail work on the ducting

I didn't notice this until now, but it looks like he is running a modified Flossman front splitter!

WTF.

Last edited by Eric; 02-09-2012, 09:43 AM.

Comment

So with F1 testing, who is planning on going to the Austin GP if it actually happens? We have at least 4 of us going. We aren't sure if we are flying or doing a road trip with a camper. The more people the better!

Comment

when is that track supposed to be done?

Comment

when is that track supposed to be done?
                                *shrug* - Before the November F1 race.

Comment

Working...
                                X