This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    Cool, approx how much would it run me per head to check for cracks and flatness? How much to plane the head if it needed it? (most likely not as head and block are both aluminum)
    I don't know off the top of my head, but i have the receipt back in CO. I can get my dad to find it and tell me, but I think you'd be better served to just call them.

It was $850 ish total machine + parts work for 24x new valves, installing guides, installing seals, 2x hot tank, pressure check, and decking <.010", plus reinstallation of all the valves/springs/retainers/seals.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

^^^ yeesh that's a lot.

Comment

^^^ yeesh that's a lot.
        not really. If i hadn't needed new valves it would have been a LOT cheaper. 24x valves is expensive bruh.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
          not really. If i hadn't needed new valves it would have been a LOT cheaper. 24x valves is expensive bruh.
          True, it isn't much for the work that was done. I'll have to call them and see what their rates are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
            What I've been up to the past week:

It all started in San Francisco International Airport back in October. I was on what we in the industry call an "airport appreciation break...

Cliffs

Spent all Friday last week battling the blizzard to bring these home.

Two Questions.

Does anyone have any trustworthy family or friends in the Raleigh Durham, NC area that wants to make $50?

Does anyone have access to dealer tag? It's to bring my TR6 home. It will be insured by JC Taylor.
            Want to do some more tile work? I don't have a TR6 to trade, but cash! Trying ot find someone to lay 300 sq feet of slate in the basement....

Comment

Would anyone want to buy a 96 Alpine 318ti sport package for $4,000 by the weekend?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                I don't know off the top of my head, but i have the receipt back in CO. I can get my dad to find it and tell me, but I think you'd be better served to just call them.

It was $850 ish total machine + parts work for 24x new valves, installing guides, installing seals, 2x hot tank, pressure check, and decking <.010", plus reinstallation of all the valves/springs/retainers/seals.
                They only charge me 604 for all of the same work, I had new springs, retainers, and keepers installed as well in addition to what you did. :p
                I shouldn't of sold that head, there was VAC high performance valves too.
                Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                  They only charge me 604 for all of the same work, I had new springs, retainers, and keepers installed as well in addition to what you did. :p
                  I shouldn't of sold that head, there was VAC high performance valves too.
                  Did you have them order the valves or did you source and pay for them separately?
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Are there any BMW meets in Colorado soon? Just finishing my 2002 M42 swap. Stoked to start driving it...
                    I live in Denver by the way.

Thanks.

Comment

There is the one in Monument this Saturday. Details are posted in the mountain forum.

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Ludvig02 View Post
                        Are there any BMW meets in Colorado soon? Just finishing my 2002 M42 swap. Stoked to start driving it...

Thanks.

whoa 2002 M42 swap? that's awesome!!

Yeah man just check this forum for meets

Comment

whoa 2002 M42 swap? that's awesome!!
                          Yeah a M42 02 swap would be awesome! doesn't metric mechanic make a 2.2l model as well?
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            Yeah a M42 02 swap would be awesome! doesn't metric mechanic make a 2.2l model as well?
                            They do. $6500.

Fffffuck I want an MM 3L. Might end up doing that, I'm planning on buying all their parts anyway.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Ludvig02 View Post

Thanks.
                              Is this the Eric I sold the M42 to?

Comment

Anyone see the Mercedes Benz's with Michigan Manufacturer plates cruising i70 in Denver all the time? They are de badged except for blu-tec badges up front (all of the ones I have seen are diesel). Do you think they are just doing high altitude/cold weather testing? They are all production cars, no camouflage etc. Over the past few month I have seen a GL, ML, S, and I don't know what else.

Comment

Working...
                                X