This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    Would anyone want to buy a 96 Alpine 318ti sport package for $4,000 by the weekend?
    Edit! We don't need to sell it soon, but one of the cars will be for sale in the future. E30, Jeep, or Ti. Let me know if you are interested in any because we are unsure which one to let go first. We got a perfect car for Mykal.

Hello.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

You got the Golf R?

How is it?
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        You got the Golf R?

How is it?
        I used to drive an E30, Ti, and Jeep......the Golf R is pretty much a lamborghini/rolls royce all in one to me. No complaints so far.

Comment

I used to drive an E30, Ti, and Jeep......the Golf R is pretty much a lamborghini/rolls royce all in one to me. No complaints so far.
          Nice. Buddy has an immaculate R32 so I'm a little curious about the new R without the VR6.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

That buddy would be me. Congrats on the purchase, Brad! I hope I get to see it soon... Didn't realize they were delivering them yet. You must be stoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
              Nice. Buddy has an immaculate R32 so I'm a little curious about the new R without the VR6.
              You don't get the good sound of the VR6 that is for sure. It is just ever so slightly louder then the base GTI. However, the turbo is nice for elevation and future tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by IDriveAn.:R View Post
                That buddy would be me. Congrats on the purchase, Brad! I hope I get to see it soon... Didn't realize they were delivering them yet. You must be stoked.
                Yeah, come check it out sometime after work.

They just got it in today. I asked months ago and they said they were all accounted for. I guess people backed out and they were nice enough to call me to give me a chance at this one. My wife was begging for a GTI after driving one so we couldn't resist an AWD version that is better in every way.

Comment

Edit! We don't need to sell it soon, but one of the cars will be for sale in the future. E30, Jeep, or Ti. Let me know if you are interested in any because we are unsure which one to let go first. We got a perfect car for Mykal.

Hello.
                  Nice pickup! Why did you pick this over the Fiat?

well besides the obvious reliability difference.
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

read some on the Golf R. Not bad, 256 hp, 3450 lbs, awd, 14.2 quarter mile, has some potential as a snappy DD.

What happened to the Abarth idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      Nice pickup! Why did you pick this over the Fiat?

well besides the obvious reliability difference.
                      Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                      read some on the Golf R. Not bad, 256 hp, 3450 lbs, awd, 14.2 quarter mile, has some potential as a snappy DD.

What happened to the Abarth idea?
                      We always wanted a Golf R more then an Abarth. 4 doors, faster, awd, space for the dog, etc. The interior quality of a Golf is extremely good. We didn't have a single "presentable car". We drive friends around a lot, and have family visiting all the time. It sucks trying to shove grandparents into the back of a Ti or try to get up in a Jeep. So this is our "family" car.

The Abarth hasn't been canceled just yet. We are still planning on getting one more new car, just not sure which one.

Comment

Solution: Golf R + Abarth or R + BRZ.

Winning.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

We are still planning on getting one more new car, just not sure which one.
                          yeesh you must be made of money. What do you do, and how do I get started?? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                            yeesh you must be made of money. What do you do, and how do I get started?? ;)
                            It's more what my wife does, not me.

Comment

It's more what my wife does, not me.
                              i know i was just joshin'. Sort of.

Comment

Anyone here worked for/with Sierra Nevada Corporation? I'm have an internship lined up there for this summer. Just curious.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X