Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the R Brad. That's a great DD! If I was going to replace my wife's Element it would be with a TDI Wagon. The new VW stuff is pretty nice. If you need a car port in your future I'm serious about the E30 trade. That's of course after I get the TR6 home and tile Ian's floor :-)

Got the V3's all cleaned up.

These wheels (which just happen to be for sale) would compliment them nicely.

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post

Those....are.....BEAUTIFUL

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        Those....are.....BEAUTIFUL
        Indeed! Are those your wheels? If so, would you want to trade brand new black/silver caps for the red ones? I have a little project, and the red caps would be neato.
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

No they aren't mine. Pics are of an identical could whih makes not buying them even harder since I can see exactly how they would look.
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

No they aren't mine. Pics are of an identical could whih makes not buying them even harder since I can see exactly how they would look.
            Yes, but it's no fun being the same as that guy. RS-GT's are pretty popular in the coupe world right?

my concave RC's would look dope on a coupe... too bad I don't have the hard to find 10j rears.:(

Comment

Yes. Yes please.

Comment

What kind of tread life (miles) have you all been getting on Star Specs?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I got my Star Specs in May of '09 and have put 5000 hard miles on them, include quite a few "performance drives" on super rough chip seal in UT. That also includes 7 track days split between PMP and HPR. The rears still have another track day in them, the fronts are done (from stock suspension understeer at HPR).

Eric the RS's aren't too popular in the M Coupe world. LM's and RC's still dominate. The concave RC's are so sexy in big M Coupe rears.
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I got my Star Specs in May of '09 and have put 5000 hard miles on them, include quite a few "performance drives" on super rough chip seal in UT. That also includes 7 track days split between PMP and HPR. The rears still have another track day in them, the fronts are done (from stock suspension understeer at HPR).

Eric the RS's aren't too popular in the M Coupe world. LM's and RC's still dominate. The concave RC's are so sexy in big M Coupe rears.
                    Thanks. If I could get 15,000 DD miles from a set of SS or PS2's or anything that isn't all season I would be happy. That seems pretty reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                      Thanks. If I could get 15,000 DD miles from a set of SS or PS2's or anything that isn't all season I would be happy. That seems pretty reasonable.
                      Look into the Pilot Super Sport instead of the PS2. Near Star Spec grip, near PS2 wear.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Yes. Yes please.
                        Yes, except the Subaru version since they did all the work on the car.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                          Look into the Pilot Super Sport instead of the PS2. Near Star Spec grip, near PS2 wear.
                          Ah cool. The Pilot Super Sport looks like it was designed around longer tread life with the smallest impact on performance. Aka, good DD tire.

Comment

Originally posted by croz87 View Post
                            Congrats on the internship, just got an offer as well. Only mine will be in Ruth, NV. Not much to do there except shoot at the desert.

...and rally. Can't forget that. That is the beauty of living in the middle of nowhere, you can do whatever the heck you want.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                              ...and rally. Can't forget that. That is the beauty of living in the middle of nowhere, you can do whatever the heck you want.
                              Me and a friend are considering buying some beater and just rallying the shit out of it...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                                Me and a friend are considering buying some beater and just rallying the shit out of it...

do it, document it, and post in the forum in my sig. It is a heck of a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X