X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
    This my friends is efficiency!
    Yes, but as a glider pilot, I usually try to leave myself a little more margin than that when I am over unlandable terrain!

Alpine II 318is

Comment

That's competition flying. I'm sure he whittled that final glide down to that over decades and 100's or thousands of final glides. I'm sure comp wings are similar to comp hang gliding wings too. They have so much energy retention that you can trade considerable airspeed for altitude if you need it. It's like an energy sponge! He was watching the numbers the whole time too, if anything he came in a little hot. That said flying sail planes freaks me out. I feel way too disconnected from the air and hate only airports or friendly fields as landing options. But I only get 15:1 optimistically.
      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

How bad of an idea do you guys think it is to bolt a Schroth Rallye 3 harness to my rear tie down points in the M Coupe? The tie downs are directly behind the centerline of the seat, but are held in place with two thick screws (6mm at least), not a seatbelt bolt. The hardware grade is similar to the seatbelt bolt and combined diameters similar. Sketch???
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

<---- this dude here don't know much about M coupes.

Comment

Waking up with fresh perspective I'll answer my own question. It's a terrible idea!
            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I have a rallye 4 designed for E36s, not sure if it work in an M Coupe...

We can try if you want.

Comment

Waking up with fresh perspective I'll answer my own question. It's a terrible idea!
                Yes, that is the correct conclusion. Do not try it.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts too.
                  Chris
                  97 M3
                  01 325
                  Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

I found a harness bar that ties into the shoulder strap bolts. Could I try your Rallye 4 with it when I get it?
                    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

The Rallye 4 ties into the rear seat area, but you're welcome to try whatever you have in mind.

Comment

I would be very very nervous about using a harness bar.

This is why:

2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Ouch. Circumstances??
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Honestly I dunno, but that can't have been good for his spine.

I'd do all or nothing: roll bar, seats, and harnesses ($$$) or all stock or stock + CG-lock.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                              I'd do all or nothing: roll bar, seats, and harnesses ($$$) or all stock or stock + CG-lock.
                              Good thing, b/c I just got a CG-Lock!

Comment

E28's are slow.

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X