This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    Yup. However, all are less egregious errors than using 'of' instead of 'have.'
    fact

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

holy balls people!

I am glad to have sparked such lively conversation with my grammar blunder.

Comment

hahahaha. It's all in jest.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
              hahahaha. It's all in jest.

oh of course!

my tone of voice was lighthearted and amiable when I said that

Comment

This is copy/paste from my topic I made in the tech section.

I need to replace the rubber fuel lines on both sides of the filter. Normally when I change the filter I clamp off each hose, change filter, etc.

Do I have to drain the tank for this or if I pop the hoses off do I only lose the gas that is renaming in the lines, or will it start draining the tank too? If it's just the gas in the lines, then I can deal with that.

Hopefully I can avoid draining the tank, but if I have to I will.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                  This is copy/paste from my topic I made in the tech section.

I need to replace the rubber fuel lines on both sides of the filter. Normally when I change the filter I clamp off each hose, change filter, etc.

Do I have to drain the tank for this or if I pop the hoses off do I only lose the gas that is renaming in the lines, or will it start draining the tank too? If it's just the gas in the lines, then I can deal with that.

Hopefully I can avoid draining the tank, but if I have to I will.

you don't need to drain the tank, the lines enter the top of the tank, not the bottom, so you will only drain whatever fuel is already in the line past the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    you don't need to drain the tank, the lines enter the top of the tank, not the bottom, so you will only drain whatever fuel is already in the line past the tank.
                    Awesome. There is also a rubber section for the return line that I will change at the same time, but if that goes to the top of the tank as well then it shouldn't be a problem either.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

They all go to the top of the tank. remove your rear seat (just the bottom part), unscrew the black metal plate, and you can see for yourself.

Comment

... Unless it starts to siphon gas out of the tank. It probably can't pull it through the pump though, so you won't lose too much fuel.
                        Chris
                        97 M3
                        01 325
                        Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                          ... Unless it starts to siphon gas out of the tank. It probably can't pull it through the pump though, so you won't lose too much fuel.

yeah just shove the fuel line upwards to reduce the siphon effect once its disconnected. Either way, just get under there and do it! ;)

Comment

Paging Sam. Check your email and drop me a line.
                            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Any one have a pelican coupon, or s50 valve cover gasket before I order one?
                              Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                                Any one have a pelican coupon, or s50 valve cover gasket before I order one?

I have one for an M52, I assume it's the same

Comment

Working...
                                X