Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone going to the BMW driving school at HPR?

Also, I need some firewall panels for the race car. Anyone have a parts car that I can cut a few holes in the firewall?

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
      Hmm.... not if there is goin to be all kinds of want to be cholos in civics..

Lol.. I kid
      last one i went too there was mainly muscle cars and a nice group of subarus but it would be nice too have some e30s there

Comment

Originally posted by inastrangeland View Post

Also, I need some firewall panels for the race car. Anyone have a parts car that I can cut a few holes in the firewall?

Glenn
        I had an '87 iS but I already sent it to the scrapper...

Also, is your username an allusion to Iron Maiden, or the movie/book/whatever that Maiden's song is based off of?

Comment

If you think your E30 breaks a lot, the E39 is not the right answer to your problems. Especially if it's a 540.
          Chris
          97 M3
          01 325
          Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

in b4 "buy an e28 oh mah gawd!"

2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
              If you think your E30 breaks a lot, the E39 is not the right answer to your problems. Especially if it's a 540.
              This.

And the 528 will blow a head-gasket, and the 530i/525i will leave you with M54 problems.

Comment

Originally posted by inastrangeland View Post

Glenn
                I will be there! I'm looking forward to actually driving the car like it was meant to be driven.

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                  in b4 "buy an e28 oh mah gawd!"

hey I said buy a rwd E30. But now that you mention it, a 528e in good shape would make a great comfortable reliable DD.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    hey I said buy a rwd E30. But now that you mention it, a 528e in good shape would make a great comfortable reliable DD.
                    Sure, if you want to be out accelerated by a semi, be less safe than running with scissors, out luxuried by a corolla, outbraked by a geo metro, and out handled by a suburban.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

E39 for a broke college student is a bad idea. 318is or plastic bumper 325i is such a better/cheaper option.

You could probably sell your ix for 1/2 the price of a decent 318is. The only outcome I see with a E39 purchase in college is that in 10 years, you will look back on this time and think what a dumbass decision it was.
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

An E30 is too small. I have tons of shit to move back and forth between Colorado and New Mexico. An E36 is only slightly better. Also, I want something different.

Comment

If carrying a lot of stuff is your goal, do it right and get a wagon. For a college DD I'd rock a Subaru wagon despite how boring they seem. Can carry lots of stuff, they are infinitely more reliable than anything from Europe, and they are able to go pretty much anywhere in any condition. Volvo wagons would be the only exception...they're a stereotypical college student car because they're a perfect college student car.

You're in college, get a reliable wagon that you don't have to do anything to except change fuel and oil, and spend the time/money you otherwise would spend on maintaining some random BMW on chasing tail and getting laid. Not working during school just to pay for car upkeep and insurance would have been nice, as would having time to do non-school/car things.

Or, y'know, quit yer' bitchin, rent a Uhaul to carry your shit, and fix your car.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I will have a volvo wagon for sale sometime soon. Better gas mileage than an iX, it's AWD, Tarbo, hauls lots o shit, etc. Just dropped a lower mileage engine in it, now I just need to reinstall the torque convertor properly. Has a new driveshaft, ball joints, and much more in the last few thousand miles. Will take an iX as a partial trade.

Comment

or get one of these.

paging brad.....

Comment

I am really tempted to get that wagon for bikes/dog.

What Volvo are you selling soon?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                                X