X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    This is going to be a fun weekend!

Also, does anybody know how I can acquire a 17-18 inch round vat/tub/container that is about 12-15 inches tall with no taper and either polypropylene, or 304 stainless?
    That sounds like a large stock pot. Maybe bed bath and beyond, or a commercial cooking supply store.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
      I had an '87 iS but I already sent it to the scrapper...

Also, is your username an allusion to Iron Maiden, or the movie/book/whatever that Maiden's song is based off of?
      Yes, Robert Heinlein's book, which Iron Maiden also used for their song.

If anyone hears about a scrapped e30 let me know... Still looking...

Comment

Originally posted by oldmann View Post
        That sounds like a large stock pot. Maybe bed bath and beyond, or a commercial cooking supply store.
        My brew kettle is about that size as well. That is just a commercial cooking pot though, but if you have a hard time finding one check that out. I'm not sure if it's 304 SS or something else.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by oldmann View Post
          I'll try bed bath and beyond, but the few commercial places I've called only have large cooking pots up to 13 inches or so.

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
          My brew kettle is about that size as well. That is just a commercial cooking pot though, but if you have a hard time finding one check that out. I'm not sure if it's 304 SS or something else.
          Could you measure yours? :giggle:
          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

if it's for brewing it's probably 6-7gal.

What's the pot for?
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Stripping the chrome off my 16" style 5's.

I need to do a Muratic acid bath to remove the chrome, then a Nitric acid bath to remove the nickel & copper.

Comment

Originally posted by inastrangeland View Post
                Anyone going to the BMW driving school at HPR?

Also, I need some firewall panels for the race car. Anyone have a parts car that I can cut a few holes in the firewall?

Glenn
                I'm going for the club racing school. I plan on camping at the track Saturday and maybe Friday.
                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Hm. I don't think a regular brew kettle would work then. What about an HPDE (or something similar) plastic tub? Some of the *PDE's are acid-resistant
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Star specs or RS-3's?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      Hm. I don't think a regular brew kettle would work then. What about an HPDE (or something similar) plastic tub? Some of the *PDE's are acid-resistant
                      Polypropylene will resiste the Muratic acid, and I think Nitric acid doesn't bother plastic at all, but again I'm not finding anything about that size.

Nitric acid is about $70 for 2.5L and I can only dilute it 70-75%, so about 10L total liquid volume. So I can't use a gigantic troff that would easily fit a wheel, but won't give me much depth at 2.5g of liquid. I'm hopping to not need to buy another bottle of the stuff! Muratic acid is just the junk you put in pools and is cheap at lowe's ($7 a gallon)

Comment

I really like my star specs, but I haven't driven on RS3s.

The internet does say the RS3 is terribad in the rain, but it rains so infrequently I wouldn't be too concerned. RS3s are supposed to have higher dry grip. Look for Grassroots Motorsports tire tests, they compare SS, RS3, AD08, RE11, XS in autocross setting.

Try both?
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by griffincox View Post
                          Went to the CUSCC Show today in Boulder. I think i was the only E30 suprisnigly. Here are a few pics. It was a good day. Probably 300-400 cars (lots of rice) and well over 1000 people. Good weather, fun show.

Dude sooooo clean. I want to see it in person.

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                          Video from HPR on Friday in my M3. Set a new personal best, again, at 1:57.1.

Of course, I didn't have the GoPro on the car for that session. Fastest lap in this video is a 1:57.3xx.

Chris that is F'ing fast. I'm at like 2:14.2, but hopefully be significantly faster with the V3's and new rubber.

Are you going to be at the CCA school?
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            Star specs or RS-3's?
                            RS3 if you can get it, for ultimate grip and laptimes.

Z1-SS for rain, cold, longevity.

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                            Chris that is F'ing fast. I'm at like 2:14.2, but hopefully be significantly faster with the V3's and new rubber.

Are you going to be at the CCA school?
                            I don't think I'll make it for the CCA school - There's a NASA TT event in Hastings that weekend that I am planning to attend. I will be at the NASA event at HPR the following weekend.
                            Chris
                            97 M3
                            01 325
                            Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Are RS3s still backordered?
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                                Video from HPR on Friday in my M3. Set a new personal best, again, at 1:57.1.

Of course, I didn't have the GoPro on the car for that session. Fastest lap in this video is a 1:57.3xx.

http://youtu.be/gWsVV0fZ6bU?hd=1&t=54s
                                Shit balls, that is quick...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X