Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll give you two dollars, a gum wrapper, and some belly button lint. I'd like to see David top that.

Comment

I am trying to sell these to someone who actually wants them. I think $40 is fair, that's $10 per steel wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        it would be great if you could, but I could bring them to south denver on Monday when I go to work.
        If that's possible, I'll take them off your hands. Those would be nice for winter tires...are they 14x6?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          If that's possible, I'll take them off your hands. Those would be nice for winter tires...are they 14x6?
          I think 14x5.5 or something. Nice for some 185 treadwidth skinnys to dig through the snow.

I just got a second set of basketweaves w/ some CL tires (that aren't bald) so I need the money more than I need the steelies.

Comment

I pulled one plug from the Ti and it came up covered in oil. I did some searching and found out that the valve cover gasket seals tend to go bad, which leaves oil "in the well". Very common problem. There was definitely oil in the well as it was on the spark plug wires as well. When I pulled the plug out it was drenched in oil. All wet oil that wiped right off. I am thinking that it's just the valve cover gasket, and when I pulled the plug out it picked up all of the loose oil.

If it was a piston ring, or head gasket, wouldn't the oil be burnt on there and not be wet? I ordered a valve cover gasket and I will be doing that, but I want to know if I should be worried about the piston rings or head gasket.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
              I pulled one plug from the Ti and it came up covered in oil. I did some searching and found out that the valve cover gasket seals tend to go bad, which leaves oil "in the well". Very common problem. There was definitely oil in the well as it was on the spark plug wires as well. When I pulled the plug out it was drenched in oil. All wet oil that wiped right off. I am thinking that it's just the valve cover gasket, and when I pulled the plug out it picked up all of the loose oil.

If it was a piston ring, or head gasket, wouldn't the oil be burnt on there and not be wet? I ordered a valve cover gasket and I will be doing that, but I want to know if I should be worried about the piston rings or head gasket.
              Likely just the VCG. You'd be burning a ton of oil if it was a ring/HG problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                Likely just the VCG. You'd be burning a ton of oil if it was a ring/HG problem.
                Yeah. I really have no idea if it was burning oil or not because I never drive it. I haven't heard anything about it smelling bad while driving, so I'm sure it's just the VCG.

Comment

Yeah. I really have no idea if it was burning oil or not because I never drive it. I haven't heard anything about it smelling bad while driving, so I'm sure it's just the VCG.
                  If the oil level drops significantly between oil changes, that would be another indicator. Compression test will indicate as well usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                    If the oil level drops significantly between oil changes, that would be another indicator. Compression test will indicate as well usually.
                    Oil level doesn't drop. I will change the VCG and plugs and see how it does after that.

Comment

Oil level doesn't drop. I will change the VCG and plugs and see how it does after that.
                      +1 VCG
                      Doing mine this week, along with a lot of other maintenance i've been putting off.
                      Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Anyone have an extra m/s50 valve cover?
                        Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Got my new suspension installed on the wagon....New Bilsteins, H&Rs, lowering links for the rear air bags, new control arms,, thrust arms, strut mounts, subframe bushings, rear brakes, tires, wheels....Got a factory M5 bumper to put on the front, just need to get it painted. Works well for a daily driver.

Before (stock wheels and sport suspension):

After:

Interior with M5 titan Trim:

Comment

That looks awesome. I love those wheels on the wagons.

Comment

Love the wagon. That looks fantastic.
                              Chris
                              97 M3
                              01 325
                              Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

I want your seats and steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
                                X