• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
    lol!!... same thing happened to me..:hitler:
    Me three! skiing > snowboarding :shock:

:firehop::firehop::firehop:
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I'm the opposite, have been on a board for over 15yrs. and not once on a pair of downhill skies..

Comment

My first experience with a snowboard resulted in a mild concussion, and an experience much like Davids.

Tried it again 5-ish years later, and was pretty much immediately able to rip down runs comfortably. No idea why. Prior to that I had been skiing for 15+ years.

I also telemarked for a season back in high school. Good fun, almost blew a knee though, thanks to the non-releasable bindings. I haven't strapped them on since.

It's all fun. Maybe someday I'll quit spending 100% of my disposable income on racing and go up again.
        Chris
        97 M3
        01 325
        Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

This will be my 12th season riding. I've been on a pair of skis once, I thought it was boring compared to snowboarding.

Comment

I been up a total of 4 days boarding had a blast after the second day I was getting speed but would eat it when I got the death wobble.
            1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
            2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
            <<Flickr>>

Comment

I need to get a new board...mine is a bit too fast for my liking...

Balls, I need a job...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                I need to get a new board...mine is a bit too fast for my liking...

Balls, I need a job...
                Damn dude, to fast? Lol, just don't wax it.

Comment

Originally posted by joshw02 View Post
                  Damn dude, to fast? Lol, just don't wax it.
                  It's not that I can't handle it...it's just super stiff and harder to control than I was used to with my old board.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

i just rent one and dont know anything about it it just goes haha
                    1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
                    2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
                    <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by 325i View Post
                      i just rent one and dont know anything about it it just goes haha
                      I'm not an expert at all haha, but the stiffness of this board is really noticeable...at least to me.

Random funny:

Comment

I've never tried snowboarding, not even once. I am still learning how to ski to the level I want to be at so I will stick with that until I get bored.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I grew up skiing and then I raced for Copper Mountain about 10 years ago, and have been snowboarding since. I tend to swing both ways, but enjoy the challenge of boarding over skiing.

Both are good, both are fun IMO.

Telemarking will make a man out of your legs though....that is for sure.

1989 325i Alpine White
                          69 STX

Comment

Oh that sound... <3 <3 <3

Comment

Quit skiing a decade ago. Been boarding ever since. Living in Utah spoiled me, so I havent been as motivated in Colorado. Go 6-10 times a season. I like my super stiff fast board over my flexy terrain park friendly board. I seem to spend less time in the park as I get older. A split board for back country is on the list, but I like hiking too.
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

My newest is a rocker style board, medium flex. I love it. It is fantastic in the powder.

Comment

Working...
                                X