This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what judgement?

And I'll prob go ahead and get that title transferred just cuz...

I do want to get emissions tested, but I don't want to pay for tags. Is it possible to test emissions on a tagless car?

Comment

Does anyone happen to know if an E30 will pass emissions with a mark d chip and 19lb injectors?

Comment

As long as you have a cat you should be good shouldn't you
        1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
        2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
        <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
          Does anyone happen to know if an E30 will pass emissions with a mark d chip and 19lb injectors?
          I have a mark D and 17.5# and I fast pass. 19# shouldn't be a problem.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Alright cool, my ix used to run rich at idle and so does my current car, not sure how much of a difference that makes though.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
              Is it possible to test emissions on a tagless car?
              How else would you get an emissions test done? You have to get the test done before you get tags (temps excluded obviously).

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                Alright cool, my ix used to run rich at idle and so does my current car, not sure how much of a difference that makes though.
                Mine runs rich at idle as well. It seems to run more rich with the M30 AFM too.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by ltz Viper View Post
                  If I had long cat I would post it. But I don't :(
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

At least I believe it is running a little rich. It has a bit of a lumpy idle.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                      How else would you get an emissions test done? You have to get the test done before you get tags (temps excluded obviously).
                      That's what I mean by tagless. As in no temp tags at all.

Comment

I passed my wagon with no temp tags in Boulder. But I had a BOS and Title in hand. And was headed straight to the DMV afterwards. I was going to offer the cop to follow me if he didn't believe me.
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                          I passed my wagon with no temp tags in Boulder. But I had a BOS and Title in hand. And was headed straight to the DMV afterwards. I was going to offer the cop to follow me if he didn't believe me.
                          hmmm. I have a signed title, but no bill o' sale. I bet I can still pull it off.

Comment

I think you can test any car pretty much. Needs VIN intact. That's pretty much it.

Comment

Yeah. IIRC, they didn't look at any of my paper work.
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Late to the party on a few things.

Roland-- the new n+1 speed autos have been beating manuals in fuel econ for a while now. Durability I have no feel for tho.

Sam- I would not buy a car unless the seller's name is on a current title. Too many headaches and potential legal issues otherwise.

The M3 and e30 both fast passed emissions
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X