This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    Does Laguna Seca have open lapping days? Or is it all club based events?
    It's a weird hybrid. They're all club events, but many of the clubs just do open lapping days or HPDE/Solo Sign-off days.

I hear tell that entry fee for miatas/mazdas is ridiculously cheap, because of the whole title sponsor thing. Still, $160 for open lapping day isn't bad at all.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
      It's a weird hybrid. They're all club events, but many of the clubs just do open lapping days or HPDE/Solo Sign-off days.

I hear tell that entry fee for miatas/mazdas is ridiculously cheap, because of the whole title sponsor thing. Still, $160 for open lapping day isn't bad at all.
      Not bad for CA at all... Laguna Seca especially...

Comment

Last edited by L-ucky-S-ix; 11-05-2014, 05:16 AM.

Comment

I can't believe you've been sosooooo close to Laguna and Thunderhill and leave your M3 at home!

Speaking of CA, I have a trailer with a air compressor on it that Im thinking of bringing out here to CO. It's a 3cyl jon deer diesel air compressor that makes 100psi, @ 120cfm! What kind of use would something like this have out here? In CA, I cleaned pool tile using this and a custom media blaster machine, but since there aren't any pools in CO, I don't have much use for that machine.
          I'm wondering how I can make a little extra income using this thing... any thoughts?

Also last night I was poking around on my old computer and I found some pics of my MtechII sedan.

And a picture of my touring on a trip down to Munich/Garmisch. This was the first trip my wife and I took together when we were just dating.

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

David's M is with him in Cali.
            89 325i (Sold)
            95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
            2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

How did the touring drive compared to a sedan/coupe?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                David's M is with him in Cali.
                Oh. Well then...

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                How did the touring drive compared to a sedan/coupe?
                I thought it had better balance! Mine was a 318i with the M40 motor, and it didn't like to go over 140kph, but anything under that and it was just fine for driving the back roads of germany. It had 15" weaves with some awesome german/europe model bridgestones that stuck like glue. I could toss the car into a corner and just flog the 113hp motor without any worries. I have a nice picture of it somewhere with the 15's.

The Mtech II car had bad bushings on the front so it liked to pull in this direction, then that. Plus it had really big bump stops/spring pads on both the chassis and the trailing arm knobs, so the rear suspension was effectively rubber. It wasn't until spring and I was switching out the winter tires that I noticed it and immediately cut them down! Rode much better after that, but I never fixed the front end before I got rid of the car.

edit: found the pic i was thinking of. Definitely my favorite picture of that car. I hope to get another one someday.
                Last edited by Eric; 12-10-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Any suggestions on where to get an m54b30 reasonably cheap locally? Is $1000-1500 a reasonable budget?

Comment

Yup, M is out here in Cali. Between school and music stuff I havent had time to do much of anything with it though.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yup, M is out here in Cali. Between school and music stuff I havent had time to do much of anything with it though.
                      You'll regret it as soon as you leave!

Thunderhill makes HPR looks like a flatland

Laguna of course has the history and the corkscrew is just nutty the first day/time you drive it.

Sears Point/Infeneon/Sonoma is also an excellent track that you should not deprive yourself of.

Comment

Believe me, now that his quarter from hell is over I'll be doing a lot more track stuff.

There's a LS day in Feb I'm already planning on.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post
                          Any suggestions on where to get an m54b30 reasonably cheap locally? Is $1000-1500 a reasonable budget?
                          These guys have 4, but they are in the $2200-$3000 range.

Chris
                          97 M3
                          01 325
                          Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

I've drooled looking down at Sears Point and Laguna Seca for years. I plan on driving the M Coupe or M Roady out to Laguna Seca in August for Octoberfest. Is anyone else thinking about that?

Eric, love the touring pics man! I saw a very similar 318 in Austria two summers ago. It was awesome.

I'm hoping to get the M3 finished this week. Does anyone have a solution to stop power steering leaks? I've ordered new lines for the majority of the leaks, but it's leaking very slightly out of the front of the pump. My buddy just doesn't have the cash, time, motivation to replace the pump yet and the majority of the leak is coming from the banjo bolt areas. I remember reading that someone used ATF leak stop with success before.

I spent this weekend dodging storms all over the country in this:

It's a rad plane, but I hadn't flown in hard instrument conditions on a six pack from the right seat in a long time. Luckily, I had plenty of time to get my scan back. Here's how we had to file coming home to avoid a massive line of thunderstorms over the northern part of the gulf states.

I was able to shave most of the southern part of the arc off, but got skunked by the snow on Sat night. Made it into Centennial just in the nick of time. Here's a shot racing the storm back to Denver.

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                              I've drooled looking down at Sears Point and Laguna Seca for years. I plan on driving the M Coupe or M Roady out to Laguna Seca in August for Octoberfest. Is anyone else thinking about that?

Eric, love the touring pics man! I saw a very similar 318 in Austria two summers ago. It was awesome.

I'm hoping to get the M3 finished this week. Does anyone have a solution to stop power steering leaks? I've ordered new lines for the majority of the leaks, but it's leaking very slightly out of the front of the pump. My buddy just doesn't have the cash, time, motivation to replace the pump yet and the majority of the leak is coming from the banjo bolt areas. I remember reading that someone used ATF leak stop with success before.

I spent this weekend dodging storms all over the country in this:

It's a rad plane, but I hadn't flown in hard instrument conditions on a six pack from the right seat in a long time. Luckily, I had plenty of time to get my scan back. Here's how we had to file coming home to avoid a massive line of thunderstorms over the northern part of the gulf states.

I was able to shave most of the southern part of the arc off, but got skunked by the snow on Sat night. Made it into Centennial just in the nick of time. Here's a shot racing the storm back to Denver.

Awesome.

For the banjo bolts, try replacing the crush washers. You need two for each bolt, and the power-steering system uses two different sizes (19mm head and 22mm head), so keep that in mind too.

You can also buy re-build kits for the pumps, but I have no experience in that department.

Comment

Funny, my PS pump is also leaking out the front seal. And slowly getting worse with each trackday.
                                Chris
                                97 M3
                                01 325
                                Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X