X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
    sup. what part of CO you moving to?
    I'm guessing fort Carson based on his current location. Welcome to the springs!
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
      So dudes. I just bought my first VW. Yep, '91 Jetta.
      Mk2 jettas are sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by flying_violin View Post
        tdi?
        nah just the regular old 8 valve 4-banger. I hope it gets good gas mileage.

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        Mk2 jettas are sweet!
        I hope so, I just bought one! ;)

Comment

Why Jetta? Gas mileage? Don't you have a fleet of drivers?
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
            Why Jetta? Gas mileage? Don't you have a fleet of drivers?
            well it was cheap, $500, and runs and drives great, passes emissions, etc, so mostly that's why. Atm I only have my E30 and euro E28 and my wife's E39 and another E30 318is with no drivetrain. The E28 is getting a rear subframe overhaul, the E30 leaks coolant from seemingly alternating areas, and it kind of sucks as a DD anyway.

Comment

Somewhere in denver dunno what part yet. Beer sounds good, esp at an irish pub :)
              If someone were to flash me 10k ca$h I would def have to think about it overnight, short of that... she stays put. I'm not military, but I did spend 25yrs in Germany as a dependent and have family there. I forgot the other questions, its late here and I had a long day at work. Ask again lol night

oh forgot to ask, anyone have a hookup for when I need state inspection?emissions? We don't have one here soooooo yea alots not there that probably needs to be lol
              Last edited by germanrob82; 01-12-2013, 11:03 PM. Reason: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by germanrob82 View Post
                Somewhere in denver dunno what part yet. Beer sounds good, esp at an irish pub :)
                If someone were to flash me 10k ca$h I would def have to think about it overnight, short of that... she stays put. I'm not military, but I did spend 25yrs in Germany as a dependent and have family there. I forgot the other questions, its late here and I had a long day at work. Ask again lol night

oh forgot to ask, anyone have a hookup for when I need state inspection?emissions? We don't have one here soooooo yea alots not there that probably needs to be lol
                Inspection is done at the emissions place, emissions are only required in certain counties.

For inspection/emissions, you need a working horn (I think?), definitely a sealing gas cap, the same number of cats that the car rolled off the assembly line with (unless you have a swap, then you need the same number of cats for which that engine initially came from), air pump if the car originally had it, or the engine for a swap, and any other original emissions hardware. It doesn't have to be stock, it doesn't have to be functional (except the cats which you need to pass the sniffer), and it doesn't even have to be hooked up (well, it does per the law, but if you're clever, you can sneak a bunch by them). Most emissions places just do emissions, they aren't mechanics/shops, so they don't know too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                  Inspection is done at the emissions place, emissions are only required in certain counties.

For inspection/emissions, you need a working horn (I think?), definitely a sealing gas cap, the same number of cats that the car rolled off the assembly line with (unless you have a swap, then you need the same number of cats for which that engine initially came from), air pump if the car originally had it, or the engine for a swap, and any other original emissions hardware. It doesn't have to be stock, it doesn't have to be functional (except the cats which you need to pass the sniffer), and it doesn't even have to be hooked up (well, it does per the law, but if you're clever, you can sneak a bunch by them). Most emissions places just do emissions, they aren't mechanics/shops, so they don't know too much.
                  It may vary by the individual you get at the emissions place, but I had no horn on the s52 swap (prev owner hooked wiper fluid to the horn wtf?) and only a single cat on the s50 swap and both passed. They didn't say a word about the motor not being stock to the car or otherwise. Did the visual inspection to see a cat there, tailpipe sniff on the rollers and sealing gas cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel View Post
                    It may vary by the individual you get at the emissions place, but I had no horn on the s52 swap (prev owner hooked wiper fluid to the horn wtf?) and only a single cat on the s50 swap and both passed. They didn't say a word about the motor not being stock to the car or otherwise. Did the visual inspection to see a cat there, tailpipe sniff on the rollers and sealing gas cap.
                    Indeed, i have replaced original cats for one aftermarket one and never had issues. When i bought my second e30 it didnt have third gear and they still didnt complaint but sometimes they are weird about stupid shit, they are stupid enought that if you have lowpro tires they think your bmw if FWD!! I argued one time with them that they had to look under the car to make sure it was RWD!
                    sigpic
                    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                    " enjoy the show "

Comment

mmm.... guess I'm gonna be buying cats in the future

Comment

you have swapped car?
                        sigpic
                        HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                        " enjoy the show "

Comment

Or borrowing an exhaust from someone... That's been done before as well.

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Originally posted by flying_violin View Post
                            Or borrowing an exhaust from someone... That's been done before as well.
                            anyone have a e30s52 exhaust I can borrow for emissions?

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                            you have swapped car?
                            yes

Comment

I know hyperE30 has one you can buy... :)

Comment

Are you sure you even need to have emissions done?

Comment

Working...
                                X