Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya that sounds good also im new to the whole bmw headlight variants, all i know is they are made by hella in germany, so im assuming they are the euro smileys? so i would like to buy the set from you as well. Also has anyone been to the springs pull and pay recently? they have a 91 3 series they got from a police auction just wondering if anyone has an idea how tore up it is. Im heading there on friday so ill let everyone know what the condition is

Comment

unfortunately, all my E30 front end parts are FUBAR'd, so I don't know if I can offer much of assistance. But if you see anything else you need in my part-out thread (right here in the mtn section), let me know!

Comment

for sure thanks man, im gonna hold off on the rest of the parts till after i go to the pullnpay in the springs. Since i live in evergreen i only wanna make one long ass drive if possible.

Comment

Figured I'd try to clear things up with a few pictures... First up, the US grilles:

And then the euro smileys (Hella units):

These things are certainly not perfect (few adjusters busted or frozen and the units are a little dirty), but my asking price of $150 for the set reflects that. If you would like, I can order all the parts to make these things like new again and install them for you so that you would have a nice, new, aim-able set of euro smileys, but then I'd ramp up the price to cover the parts and my time ($100-150). Don't really care either way.

I also have a set (drivers side and passenger side) of the US sealed beams that I haven't taken pictures of yet, but could tomorrow at some point. Those will be considerably cheaper.

Also, any of this stuff is for sale to anyone here if Pabst-90IX passes on it.

Alpine II 318is

Comment

well i definitely want the driver side grille, and from the pics i must have the us ellips and after looking around the net im just going to be ordering a new set of those. thanks for the pics tho that helped me realize what i have. just hoping the pullnpay has what im looking for, this whole accident is really frustrating. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
              Solid choice sir, I have one and adore it.
              After a week of owning it, I'm in love with mine too. The truck was nice, but it didn't quite fit me, the 4runner felt right at home immediately.

Details on yours? Pics? Also what do I need to know about it that you've learned during ownership?

The new 4runner:

- Hood and roof clear are peeling
              - front bumper is jacked
              - rear bumper is a little less jacked
              - leans a bit more on the drivers side
              - both headlights have stone chips
              - right fender has a decent crease
              - 232,xxx miles, runs like a toyota.

So I'm thinking:
              - tundra/bilstein fronts and lc80/bilstein rears to fix the sag. In coil airbags for leveling the back when towing the E30.
              - scour craigs for fenders and hood, repaint when I can
              - tundra front brake upgrade for towing purposes
              - 16x8's and 285/75/16 for awesomeness. I'm thinking duratracks, suggestions?
              - tubbed front and rear bumpers unless I can find cheap ones on craigs (no luck so far)

Main purpose for it is DD and towing the E30 on an open trailer. I'll be near max load so the bigger brakes and an up to par suspension, E load tires are important.
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Proof that e30s with the 2.5L are tanks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd3OwX23g30
                89 325i (Sold)
                95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

:loco:

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

^^ is that the same turn as that nasty crash last year?

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                      ^^ is that the same turn as that nasty crash last year?
                      That's what I was thinking, too...

It's obviously widened but the slope looks steeper in the old picture. But, idk...

Edit: Now that I look at them next to each other it does look like the same corner...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

The Camaro and the Evo went off at the exact same place 2 different years. Not sure about the Falcon(?).
                        89 325i (Sold)
                        2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          After a week of owning it, I'm in love with mine too. The truck was nice, but it didn't quite fit me, the 4runner felt right at home immediately.

Details on yours? Pics? Also what do I need to know about it that you've learned during ownership?

The new 4runner:

- Hood and roof clear are peeling
                          - front bumper is jacked
                          - rear bumper is a little less jacked
                          - leans a bit more on the drivers side
                          - both headlights have stone chips
                          - right fender has a decent crease
                          - 232,xxx miles, runs like a toyota.

So I'm thinking:
                          - tundra/bilstein fronts and lc80/bilstein rears to fix the sag. In coil airbags for leveling the back when towing the E30.
                          - scour craigs for fenders and hood, repaint when I can
                          - tundra front brake upgrade for towing purposes
                          - 16x8's and 285/75/16 for awesomeness. I'm thinking duratracks, suggestions?
                          - tubbed front and rear bumpers unless I can find cheap ones on craigs (no luck so far)

Main purpose for it is DD and towing the E30 on an open trailer. I'll be near max load so the bigger brakes and an up to par suspension, E load tires are important.
                          Biggest thing that i have learned is that it is a tank and is incredibly capable offroad even in stock form. I have driven it through 18 inches of snow with meh quality all season tires that are stock sized. Mine has developed a small oil leak from the pan or so it appears that I need to investigate at the next oil change. The paint on my runner is in incredible condition. The only issues with the exterior on mine are the left bumper has started flaking and rusting on the left side which is very common. I plan on upgrading to full steel bumpers in the future as well as a 3 inch suspension lift.

I'm probably going with an OME lift for simplicity and reliability's sake.

There's a guy that lives in an apartment complex near me that has a super clean rear bumper that I need to ask where he had it made (don't have a pic).

Here's a pic of my 4runner:
                          Last edited by clarkkey594; 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM.
                          89 325i (Sold)
                          2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

I was thinking of something like this since both my front and rear bumpers are mangled

I like the rear just fine, but I don't think I like the front. I don't like the stinger, but I think it looks kinda silly without it... hmmm.
                            I know for a fact that I don't like the gigantic ARB bumpers... too book of eli looking.

Comment

Kind of want new shoes for the M5...

What do you think about BBS RX203's (17x8 et10)

Or

BBS RS211's (16x8 et11)

While searching google, I found both of these above pictures, and they are actually mine... I owned both sets of wheels while I was in germany, and like an idiot, sold them. Damn :(

On an E28/E24:

Last edited by Eric; 03-02-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                I was thinking of something like this since both my front and rear bumpers are mangled

I like the rear just fine, but I don't think I like the front. I don't like the stinger, but I think it looks kinda silly without it... hmmm.
                                I know for a fact that I don't like the gigantic ARB bumpers... too book of eli looking.
                                The addicted bumpers are probably the best bang for you buck but I'm not really a fan of the all tubing styled bumpers. I much more prefer something like these:

The one that a guy near me has is similar to the last one but is flush with the body and doesn't protrude out like 6 inches.
                                89 325i (Sold)
                                2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Working...
                                X