Clear All

Just got passed by a delorean!
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      Just got passed by a delorean!
      At 88mph?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

it was a nice day and I got my fogs to work!:)

1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
        BMW

Comment

Anyone know where I can get some E30 front hub dust shields today? I wanna get back on the road tonight but that may not happen. Schomp can get them tomorrow. Odds of a place having them in stock?

Part number: 31211126790
          Last edited by griffincox; 03-18-2013, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by griffincox View Post
            Anyone know where I can get some E30 front hub dust shields today? I wanna get back on the road tonight but that may not happen. Schomp can get them tomorrow. Odds of a place having them in stock?

Part number: 31211126790
            I have a bunch of those at my house...

EDIT: checked PN, I thought you were referring to the large brake dust shield that surrounds the rotor. I am sure I have the PN listed above, but it wouldn't make a ton of sense pulling them off the spare hubs i have...

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
              I have a bunch of those at my house...

EDIT: checked PN, I thought you were referring to the large brake dust shield that surrounds the rotor. I am sure I have the PN listed above, but it wouldn't make a ton of sense pulling them off the spare hubs i have...
              Cool. Thanks for checking. Yah. Wouldn't make sense to pull the hub off. The reason I need it is I am doing hubs and the inner bearing race stuck I had to take drastic measures. May be the same case with yours anyway. Thanks though!

Does anyone know a shop that works on e30s a lot that may have these laying around that would be willing to part with a few? All dealers are order only.

Comment

longshot, but does anyone have a G260 in good shape? Buddy out here is looking for a trans for his M50E30. Shipping might be too much, but it never hurts to see what people have.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I have a G240 in good shape.

Comment

Why G260? ZF310/320 > G2**

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                      I agree, but he doesn't want to change diff driveshaft shift carrier and w/e else and already has SSK/DSSR for the trans. His swap's complete but after a couple years of hooning the trans died. Much easier/simpler to just replace the broken bits than all the things.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Zreberlcoe View Post
                        it was a nice day and I got my fogs to work!:)
                        You have a rear sun shade! That's so cool I've never seen that, good pics btw

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                          agreed, but I still have a 240 if interested, and it bolts up.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                            agreed, but I still have a 240 if interested, and it bolts up.
                            Different ratios entirely, no? And much weaker than the G260.

He found a local trans for a really good price, so problem solved. Thanks tho!
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

My 325 has a getrag. It's a raging pile of shit. Sticky shift gates, random grinds, shifts like poop when it's cold... and hot.

The ZFs aren't much better... But they are better.
                              Chris
                              97 M3
                              01 325
                              Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                                Different ratios entirely, no? And much weaker than the G260.

He found a local trans for a really good price, so problem solved. Thanks tho!
                                yep, different ratios, weaker, and shorter. Nevertheless, I posted up just to toss up another option. Good to hear the problem is solved though, so it's moot now! ;)

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                                My 325 has a getrag. It's a raging pile of shit. Sticky shift gates, random grinds, shifts like poop when it's cold... and hot.

The ZFs aren't much better... But they are better.
                                Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X