This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    I know there were a few people interested in the F31 Wagon. BMW now has the pricing details on their website.

ONLY a 328 x-drive automatic. While we all know this was going to happen, I am a bit surprised there is no RWD option. Regardless I will go test drive it, but likely will wait to see if the diesel becomes an option later in the year before making a serious decision.
    I called the dealer two weeks ago and got the same answer. Crappy. 4 cylinder automatic wagon....no way thats happening for me. Im down to a 2011 e90 m3. Hoping one comes up locally soon. If not, might be time for a road trip.

Comment

Good choice with the E90.

I explored the F31 wagon at the auto show today. It is the perfect size for what I am looking for and it looks great in person. All that really just made me more angry that it's automatic only. I really don't think I can get over that fact. I can live with the 4 cylinder, but I hated every automatic car I have owned. I don't see that changing.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

The more cars I drive, the less I hate automatic transmissions. Makes me sad to say that.

Some of the cars I've driven back-to-back with Manual/Auto trans that come to mind:

VW DSG (recent, 2012+) is better/smoother/nicer driving than 6sp
        Infiniti G37 - Automatic is fine, manual drives like shit (crappy transmission + crappy electronic throttle)

I haven't driven the new 8-speed BMW trans yet. Their older automatics really piss me off, but I've heard good things about the 8-speed. I'd definitely be willing to test drive it at the very least. That turbo 4-cyl should be awesome for power + fuel economy.
        Chris
        97 M3
        01 325
        Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
          The more cars I drive, the less I hate automatic transmissions. Makes me sad to say that.

Some of the cars I've driven back-to-back with Manual/Auto trans that come to mind:

VW DSG (recent, 2012+) is better/smoother/nicer driving than 6sp
          Infiniti G37 - Automatic is fine, manual drives like shit (crappy transmission + crappy electronic throttle)

I haven't driven the new 8-speed BMW trans yet. Their older automatics really piss me off, but I've heard good things about the 8-speed. I'd definitely be willing to test drive it at the very least. That turbo 4-cyl should be awesome for power + fuel economy.
          It's because the newer manual transmissions are absolute junk.

Comment

Nature + E30 Bottlecaps = Art

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

That is really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                It's because the newer manual transmissions are absolute junk.
                Sad, but true. VW is a great example of it. Their 6-speed is nice, but no where near as nice as their DSG. I would have gotten the DSG in my R if it were an option. Not having torque below ~2,500 in a 6-speed is somewhat annoying for daily driving.

I'm sure the BMW 8-speed and the 2.0 Turbo is a great combination, I just don't want to accept it :)

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Well i just lost faith in the humanity of the people in lakewood a little more, woke up this morning only to find my car had been side swipped while parked on the street and no information left at all. so if possible you guys no of a decent body shop that can do some fender work that would be excellent. Still havent put my car back together since the last one Luckily the car isnt that bad the rear fende just got pushed into the wheel well so it needs to be pushed back out but the paint is chipped off all around so any recommendations would be great. Also does anyone have experience with hit and runs how much does it affect my insurance if i report it?

Thanks for any advice guys, im just furious.

Comment

Dude that sucks!!!

SVE in Broomfield has done great work for me.
                    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

*********need 4x4 for epic mission all day friday - literally *********

I need a 4x4 capable of driving up the TOP OF THE WORLD trail in Moab (google it) to haul my hang glider - THIS FRIDAY.

I have a aluminum ladder rack that will lash to any beefy bike rack or I can use kayak pads on a solid roof.

We would leave in the very early hours of Friday morning (2:30a), be in Moab by 8:00a, be at the top of the world by 2:00p, launch in the late afternoon, be back on the road by 11:00p, back in Denver by 4:00a Saturday morning.

I will by happy to do the driving on I-70 there and back, and the route up TOP OF THE WORLD.

I can only compensate with gas money, food, and one hell of a story.

If you guys know anyone who might be down, hit me up.
                      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

damn sounds like one hell of an adventure!

ya man its terrible i bought the car a few months ago in anticipation of getting my license back, and my brother got into one accident, then it was hit yesterday. i havent even drive it, just been putting money into it to get it ready for next month when i get it back. Now it looks like ive put it through hell already and i havent even driven outside of a lot yet, but thanks ill go to them for an estimate too. im probably going to end up just going through the insurance and use the money i saved for a suspension and a restoration of the worn parts to repaint the whole car. at least it will look good then ill start from the ground up and spend my summer working on it.

Comment

I have a 4runner & Friday off...
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Tetris.

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              I have a 4runner & Friday off...
                              Lol so do I.
                              89 325i (Sold)
                              95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                              2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                                Good choice with the E90.

I explored the F31 wagon at the auto show today. It is the perfect size for what I am looking for and it looks great in person. All that really just made me more angry that it's automatic only. I really don't think I can get over that fact. I can live with the 4 cylinder, but I hated every automatic car I have owned. I don't see that changing.
                                An F31 might be a good choice for my Mom... She's been wanting a wagon/touring for a while now...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X