Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also because that car doesn't have mufflers....
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

And because when chickens walk backwards, how many vests hang out of trees, or by bus?

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        and because when chickens walk backwards, how many vests hang out of trees, or by bus?

Comment

Who is down to do some pictures on this coming saturday, I suck at taking pictures but I know some of you have some talent and know some cool places to do so...
          sigpic
          HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
          " enjoy the show "

Comment

And because when chickens walk backwards, how many vests hang out of trees, or by bus?
            Tim is back....in Sam's body?
            89 325i (Sold)
            95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
            2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

email I got today. If anybody is free on the 25th, come hang out ON the track!

Originally posted by bruce from RMBMWCCA
              Hi All,

Only two weeks until we have some fun at HPR on Sept 25th.

We are still at 1/2 the number of corner workers needed to run the school. I need your help since you are the direct beneficiaries of our low-priced, safe schools. Anybody who is on the wait list - please consider doing corner working this time so you experience a different facet of driver education.

Recruit a friend, neighbor, co-worker or relative to come on out and watch you drive.

Here's some info that I sent out on the main RMC BMWCCA list:
              Many volunteers come from the past or future driver ranks - I've heard many comments about how it helps your driving skill development by seeing how other people drive from a different perspective, that it is interesting to see what it takes to run a driving school from behind the scenes, that it is fun to see your buddies out there driving (and throwing a blue flag at them...), and, most often, that it feels good to give back by volunteering because you have so much fun out there driving. Many also have friends or relatives volunteer because it's more fun to hang out at the track together. Many husband/wife teams help out.

No experience is necessary to work corners. We have pre-reading material, do training at the track prior to going out to the corners, and I'm usually able to pair newbies up with more experienced people or with people they request. You will not have to respond to accidents - they are rare, and we have a safety truck and ambulance for that. Those who volunteer early get their choice of corners, and I've already had a number of people volunteer unsolicited (thanks to those who have already signed up via motorsportreg.com). We provide lunch and for people who drive out just to volunteer we can help with a gas allowance. I can help arrange car pooling as well.

I'd appreciate hearing from anybody who is interested in volunteering as soon as possible. I don't mind you changing your mind prior to the event as long as you tell me beforehand, so volunteer today! Volunteers can sign up through the motorsportreg.com signup process or just fire me an email and I'll get you signed up.

Please help maintain our enviable safety record by recruiting some volunteers.
              best regards,
              bruce
              leggwork@yahoo.com
              303-917-7791
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                Who is down to do some pictures on this coming saturday, I suck at taking pictures but I know some of you have some talent and know some cool places to do so...
                I could do some photoshooting on Sat if I am in Boulder, which I may be, but we will have to see what time brings.

Also, it's about dang time for an E30 gtg/photoshoot (or E28, E36, blah blah)

Comment

I could do some photoshooting on Sat if I am in Boulder, which I may be, but we will have to see what time brings.

Also, it's about dang time for an E30 gtg/photoshoot (or E28, E36, blah blah)
                  You do realize that we had MANY get togethers and photoshoots that you didn't come to for one reason or another, right?
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    email I got today. If anybody is free on the 25th, come hang out ON the track!
                    Hmmm....anyone else going out to this? I have worked corners before at HPR. It's actually more fun than watching them go down the strait and is cool to see all the different lines that different cars and drivers take. I might be interested in working a corner for the event.
                    89 325i (Sold)
                    95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                    2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

DIY Day at some shop. Could be fun.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1714122

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

ayup. I'm going to try to be there to lend a hand.

Comment

I was thinking of trying to oil pan gasket because there will be a lift, but it still sounds awful.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                            I was thinking of trying to oil pan gasket because there will be a lift, but it still sounds awful.
                            Yeah, especially when you can't walk away from it since it's at someone else's shop. That being said, its much easier on an E30 and E34 than an E36. I swapped an oil pan on an E34 in a Vail parking lot this summer, that was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                              Yeah, especially when you can't walk away from it since it's at someone else's shop. That being said, its much easier on an E30 and E34 than an E36. I swapped an oil pan on an E34 in a Vail parking lot this summer, that was fun.
                              Ouch. It's not too bad on the E30. Just the bitch factor of some of the bolts and oil everywhere makes it sound boring.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                                Ouch. It's not too bad on the E30. Just the bitch factor of some of the bolts and oil everywhere makes it sound boring.
                                You should just rebuild your M20 into a stroker with some ITBs and a hot cam and full exhaust. Or buy my S38 and swap that in...

Comment

Working...
                                X