Gebhardt Parts dept is wicked awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebhardt Parts dept is wicked awesome

So as some of you know, I got rear-ended in my M3. Sad day. Long story short, I'm fixing the car myself since the damage is almost none.

Car does need some new parts, so I do the rounds: Pelican Parts, BMAparts, Tischer BMW, but none are anywhere close to what RealOEM says they should cost.

So I figure, let's see what Gebhardt'd charge me for the parts without shipping. I go in, and they substantially undercut the online retailers' prices with the BMW CCA discount factored in. Seriously. I now have two years of BMW CCA membership paid for by the 21% discount they do for club members.

Guys, get your CCA memberships even if you don't like the club members. The parts savings is astronomical. Gebhardt's 21% discount is just unbeatable.

Plus, 3 day estimated special order delivery time, don't have to pay for shipping or anything. WIN.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Interesting, that is pretty much the opposite view I have of them. Last time I was in there I rang their little bell three times, waited for 10 minutes and had one of there guys walk by the counter twice without helping me, so I left.

I recently broke off one of the studs on the top of my m20 head (where the valve cover bolts to), realoem said the studs should be .22 and the nuts .47, gebhardt wanted 1.96 for the studs and 2 something for the nuts.

I do go there to get oil filters for the s50

I am glad you had a positive experience, did you call, give handjobs, what is your secret?

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
    Originally posted by Chachi
    young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by stoliver54 View Post
      Interesting, that is pretty much the opposite view I have of them. Last time I was in there I rang their little bell three times, waited for 10 minutes and had one of there guys walk by the counter twice without helping me, so I left.

I recently broke off one of the studs on the top of my m20 head (where the valve cover bolts to), realoem said the studs should be .22 and the nuts .47, gebhardt wanted 1.96 for the studs and 2 something for the nuts.

I do go there to get oil filters for the s50

I am glad you had a positive experience, did you call, give handjobs, what is your secret?
      Damn, that's shitty.

I walked in, waited maybe three minutes for the guy to finish with one customer, handed him a list of part numbers I wanted, told him i'm a CCA member and in their computer, BAM parts quote.

I just (after buying the stuff) got a quote from Blunt Tech, and they're a shitton cheaper than Gebhardt is. Dunno how they stack up with shipping factored in.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

score!!!!

Comment

Fuck me, I forgot to mention I'm a CCA member today after I placed my damn order.... Ugh... Blunttech is good, but gotta factor in shipping... I'll have to remember my damn CCA for the future, I got the damn card with me all the time...

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Yeah, i'm leaning towards the Gebhardt=poo opinion here.

The guy behind the counter was usually cool, but
            a) he'd have to spend 30 minutes trying to explain to some yuppie d-bag that CCA discount doesn't count towards labor for the installation of an aftermarket dashboard on his X5 BEFORE even having a chance to talk to me
            b) he'd then find my parts and then recoil in horror at the price i would pay. To his credit, he'd usually apologize before explaining that it'd be a week before the guibo comes in, so..........checker/Pelican is all I need.
            Originally posted by stoliver54
            Aw, balls.
            FS: assault gear....
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

Working...
            X