Non E30- Looking for a good place to camp around estes Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non E30- Looking for a good place to camp around estes Park

My wife and I are going to Estes Park next week, looking for a good place to camp. Let me know where you guys like to camp.
    E30 M30B34 Mounts Available
    Email jharb79@gmail.com

My friends and I stayed at "estes park campground" last year. We were hoping for a nice place away from the town but not in RM park. While some of the sites could be pretty nice I can't really recommend it if you like camping in the wilderness, we had a bad experience with the management and the sites were a little cramped. If it isn't a busy season for them you could luck out and have a great time there. I would recommend camping in the national park though. Most of the other parks around the area are just RV parks.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Yeah, forget the RV park, unless of course you have an RV. If you are looking for rustic camping w/ 120V electrical outlets, pavement, gift shops, and running water, then use the RV campground. As for actual camping, I am not sure where you are and aren't allowed to camp.

Comment

Rocky Mtn. Nat. park would be the best. Otherwise there are lots of area's in the national forest and they are free unlike the park. Example's are pole hill, Pierson park, Johnny park, etc. These are all good area's for car camping. Thing's are calming down around town and most of the heavy summer visiters are gone, so EP camp ground etc. that's in town might not be bad either.

Comment

Josh,
          Thanks for the info. I would like to camp out side of the NP just to get away from people. I looked at site you talked about in google maps, would you be able to get there in a Honda Fit? What are the roads like?

Originally posted by joshw02 View Post
          Rocky Mtn. Nat. park would be the best. Otherwise there are lots of area's in the national forest and they are free unlike the park. Example's are pole hill, Pierson park, Johnny park, etc. These are all good area's for car camping. Thing's are calming down around town and most of the heavy summer visiters are gone, so EP camp ground etc. that's in town might not be bad either.
          Email jharb79@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by QBANG View Post
            Josh,
            Thanks for the info. I would like to camp out side of the NP just to get away from people. I looked at site you talked about in google maps, would you be able to get there in a Honda Fit? What are the roads like?
            Pierson, and johnny park would be your best bet in your car. You can drive back in a little way,then it turns into 4wd type roads. Just depends on how far you want to get back in there. You could always hike back in a bit if you wanted. Also these area's are roughly 20-30min. from Estes Park but a pretty area. Your from Fayetteville? Got some friends in and around the area and my folks have a place in Eureka Springs.

Comment

Yea I have been in Fayetteville for six years. Really like it here, moved here from STL. Eureka is a really pretty area, lots of hippies and good roads too. If you ever make it over this way I can show you some killer roads.
              Email jharb79@gmail.com

Comment

Roosevelt Nat'l Forest is good too. There are a couple of sites up and down Hwy 72, lil south of Hwy 7. A friend and i were thinking about camping in Estes Park in that little scary commune in the the center of town, but decided against it. If you like "Real Camping" with undeveloped sites, etc, there is a lot of "backcountry zone" approved areas in Roosevelt.

Have fun.
                1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Working...
                X