PO'd at my PS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PO'd at my PS

so I finally did my T-Bet job a few months back. All went well except that when I buttoned up I clearly pouched the tension on the PS belt; now it wails when turning at low speeds (i.e. when the pump is doing the most work)

So what did I do? Did I over tighten it? Did I under do it? Should I just cut the belt, and ps delete?

PS: I'm headed to Golden tomorrow AM to have Andy pimp out my tail lights; he's going to do a killer promo for R3V through new-years. If you aren't familiar with what he does I'll post results tomorrow.

-B

Hummm, not sure about the PS belt.

Details on the tails? Is there a link to something? Can he replicate MHW style like guten parts does?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

1st, check your fluid. Pumps also whine when low on fluid.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the fluid idea; my PS system is a leaky whore.

Link to Andy's taillights http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=190578

Comment

Originally posted by colorado_cabrio View Post
          Thanks for the fluid idea; my PS system is a leaky whore.
          make sure you use gloves. don't want to get an STD.

Comment

PS is for ladies.

Comment

PS is for winners.

No PS is for ricers.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

No PS is just fine. Mine was leaking like a race horse so I just cut the belt. I was fed up with filling it up every 50 miles.

Comment

That's fair, when it breaks. Mine didn't have it either.

When you delete it for moar hoarsepowarzzzz.....that's when you're a ricer.

Driving Ben's tho with functional PS is sooooooo much better than mine was. Steering, steering response, feedback....all better with PS than not.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I am still mixed on if I liked PS. Honestly, I think PS and no PS both suck. I do know I am in no hurry to buy a new rack just to get power steering back though.

Comment

Yeah I just took the belt off, couldn't stand the noise.

Took it for a test drive and wow that sucks. Next project will be PS rehab.

Comment

Give it some time, It takes a bit getting used to but I really don't think it is that bad. Even when driving around the hell hole that is Boulder it doesn't bother me AFTER I got used to it. That was on 225 summer tires too. With my 195 snow tires I can hardly tell the difference from when I had PS.

Comment

Yeah; I went on a little night cruise and it wasn't too bad at even slow speeds . I'm on 16s with 205s and summer traction so I'm feeling the size and traction of the tires

Comment

with my stock 195s on, you can't tell that I have no power steering. Sean drove my car from Aurora to Boulder and didn't notice it had no power steering until i told him. You can tell though if you are at a stop and trying to turn the wheel, like if you are parking or something. I can live with that.

Comment

Working...
                            X