Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone looked at any of the 325ix that are on the colorado craigslist in person, because i am going back to school next month and i am tryn to figure out if i should buy a project ix this weekend and fix it up before school and drive it down or if i should just wait until im back in co and i can have many choices. so far it looks like a 89ix autotragic but its only 1000 and damn clean
    if you need me to i can post the links to the ixs that are up right now but i figured if you drove to check one out yyou dont need a picture reminder

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
      track rat material right here. Who wanted an E36? Lambo?

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2514987015.html
      I'm 99% sure that's a 318, with either the m42 or m44. Do not want as track car, way too slow and zero aftermarket support for the engine. You want a 6cyl E36 at minimum.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        I'm 99% sure that's a 318, with either the m42 or m44. Do not want as track car, way too slow and zero aftermarket support for the engine. You want a 6cyl E36 at minimum.
        oh yeah good point. Didn't notice the single tail pipe.

Comment

oh yeah good point. Didn't notice the single tail pipe.
          Yup. Alternatively though, one could buy it, immediately swap an S52 into it along with E36 M3 brakes, and have a great starting track car for significantly less money than an E36 M3 would cost.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yup. Alternatively though, one could buy it, immediately swap an S52 into it along with E36 M3 brakes, and have a great starting track car for significantly less money than an E36 M3 would cost.
            And I hear there are a few S52s floating around these parts.... ;)

Comment

Would need a diff too. And to reinforce the rear body mount points for the subframe. And eventually you'll break the smaller 318/325 axles.

Just depends on how cheap you can find a non-M as to whether it really makes sense. I'd say you have to start with a car for less than $2k to have any chance at being money ahead over buying an M3 to start with. And that's if you value your own personal time at $0/hr (I don't.)
              Chris
              97 M3
              01 325
              Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

I think I found my next volvo.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                  Needs moar low

Comment

just in case any body needs parts,
                    sigpic
                    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                    " enjoy the show "

Comment

Needs volvo lip
                      89 325i (Sold)
                      95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                      2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

I think I found my next volvo.
                        I want that.
                        Alternatively though, one could buy it, immediately swap an S52 into it
                        That literally just went through my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                          Was going to say no P50 no care, but BUY THAT NAO so we can have multi-racecar trailering vehicle.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                            Would need a diff too. And to reinforce the rear body mount points for the subframe. And eventually you'll break the smaller 318/325 axles.

Just depends on how cheap you can find a non-M as to whether it really makes sense. I'd say you have to start with a car for less than $2k to have any chance at being money ahead over buying an M3 to start with. And that's if you value your own personal time at $0/hr (I don't.)
                            This... YAYAYAYa, I might go take a look at this car.

Chris, are the M42/M44 5spd trannies the same as the M50 5spd trannies?
                            How about subframe mounting holes?

I have my techno, with beat up shell and bad auto tranny. This is cheap cleanershell. I swap EVERYTHING from M3 over, OBDI that S52... Profit?
                            -Critter
                            E36 M3 Turbo | E46 M3 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by BMWchubbs View Post
                              This... YAYAYAYa, I might go take a look at this car.

Chris, are the M42/M44 5spd trannies the same as the M50 5spd trannies?
                              How about subframe mounting holes?

I have my techno, with beat up shell and bad auto tranny. This is cheap cleanershell. I swap EVERYTHING from M3 over, OBDI that S52... Profit?
                              Just keep the S52 OBD2 when you swap it. It's not hard since you would have both cars. Hell, guys here on r3v have done full OBD2 S52 swaps in E30s.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Just keep the S52 OBD2 when you swap it. It's not hard since you would have both cars. Hell, guys here on r3v have done full OBD2 S52 swaps in E30s.
                                Wai Keep OBDII? No WAR Chip. Need O2 Sims etc. If swapping the motor, OBDI conversion be so easeh
                                -Critter
                                E36 M3 Turbo | E46 M3 6MT

Comment

Working...
                                X