X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    save longer, buy better vette, win?

or- Spend the same money LSx or S54 swapping your M42 car and be happiest.

see, these are all viable options. I am in car limbo mode now, just DDing the E28, not sure what I should do about my car situation. I am seriously considering buying Roland's M42 though, just to get my E30 back. (way more fun than E28)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
      see, these are all viable options. I am in car limbo mode now, just DDing the E28, not sure what I should do about my car situation. I am seriously considering buying Roland's M42 though, just to get my E30 back. (way more fun than E28)
      Just take the long view. Don't think about what you can buy with the $X you have now, think about what you want in a few years and save until you can make it happen. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish as the Brits say.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Just take the long view. Don't think about what you can buy with the $X you have now, think about what you want in a few years and save until you can make it happen. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish as the Brits say.

next time you say "penny wise and a pound foolish" I am going to kill some baby rabbits with an ice pick.

and as far as money now, that is none that I can use, so this is ALL just plans based on money I can hopefully save up. And that's all it is, is just thoughts flying around, but for NOW, i have to do something w/ my E30 and E28.

Comment

next time you say "penny wise and a pound foolish" I am going to kill some baby rabbits with an ice pick.
          Haters gonna hate.

and as far as money now, that is none that I can use, so this is ALL just plans based on money I can hopefully save up. And that's all it is, is just thoughts flying around, but for NOW, i have to do something w/ my E30 and E28.
          Sell all shitboxes, buy one nice E30 or E36 DD, rock it until you're out of school.

You WON'T have time to be flipping cars senior year, unless you do the bare minimum at work and at sr design/lab, for which your team members will hate you. Also you'll need to put some serious time in on the Aero MS application, so...yea. Sell off shitboxes now while you have time. You will not have any later.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

You WON'T have time to be flipping cars senior year, unless you do the bare minimum at work and at sr design/lab, for which your team members will hate you. Also you'll need to put some serious time in on the Aero MS application, so...yea. Sell off shitboxes now while you have time. You will not have any later.

I don't plan on flipping cars at all until next summer. The plan I am leaning towards now is swap in Roland's M42 into my E30, sell E28.

Comment

Don't you have 3 E28s that could turn into magic money +M42?
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Don't you have 3 E28s that could turn into magic money +M42?

one E28 already turned into magic money (well he paid me, THEN i bought it, so he came and picked it up) and parts E28 is slowly melting into magic money, but very slowly, until I just call the metal scrappers and have them give me $150 or so for it. Unless anyone wants a perfectly straight E28 shell for some reason...

Comment

What about the euro bumper one?
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

What about the euro bumper one?

That's the one my buddy bought. he paid me, then I just went and bought it for him, and he came and picked it up. He lives 6 hours away in Sheridan, WY.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                      RHD or LHD? I plan on buying one sometime.... key word being "sometime"

LHD

Comment

swweet, what kind of fuel economy?

Comment

I have driven several C4's, a couple C5's and a couple C5 Z06's.

They get less shitty in that order, but they're all more or less oxcarts with big engines.
                          Chris
                          97 M3
                          01 325
                          Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Just in case anyone is in the market:

Comment

Anyone want a 325i for cheap? Apparently it will run for 5 miles!

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Someone needs to take this stuff off my hands.... LOL

Last edited by dubseven; 09-01-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X