Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type-R's... 7 out of 10 in Colorado have been stolen. 3/10 more than once.

I wouldn't want to own one just for that (and because they are FWD and have no cruise... and some came without AC. Pretty much the integra equivalent of the M3 LTW)
    Chris
    97 M3
    01 325
    Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
      Type-R's... 7 out of 10 in Colorado have been stolen. 3/10 more than once.

I wouldn't want to own one just for that (and because they are FWD and have no cruise... and some came without AC. Pretty much the integra equivalent of the M3 LTW)
      Yarp, I had a buddy in highschool that had one. It was an absolute blast to drive once you got over the obnoxious exhaust sound. He also got a ticket going 85 in a 25 and his dad sold it the following weekend.
      89 325i (Sold)
      95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
      2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

This is pretty funny.

Exhibit A: A grossly over-priced early automatic 318i: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2916045380.html

Exhibit B: Someone who has the right idea, but obviously is ignorant on anything BMW, and it shows: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2916334261.html

Since the second ad I am sure will soon be flagged, here is the text:

BUYER BEWARE '85 BMW 318 - $3000 (denver)

This guy is high as a kite. Do not pay anywhere close to 3 grand for a mid 80s BMW. Especially for a front wheel drive weak 318. Shop around, you can get a way better bimmer built in the 90s for that price or less. Just because it has a BMW badge he thinks its special. Go back to Washington

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
          This is pretty funny.

Exhibit A: A grossly over-priced early automatic 318i: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2916045380.html

You do realize that belongs to a forum member...

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
            I was about to say that parking lot looks very familiar :D

Fender Roller Rental | RTAB Tool Rental

e36 Climate Control Issues?
            Your ≠ you are
            You`re ≠ your

Comment

...still over priced, but more power to him!

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                ...still over priced, but more power to him!
                When is the last time you put something on craigslist for exactly what it was worth?

Comment

When is the last time you put something on craigslist for exactly what it was worth?

Apparently every time, since they all sold....

Either way, it shouldn't bug you this much. Overpriced is overpriced. Well, if it sells, which it may, then that certainly says something about what the E30 market is doing!

Comment

I'm pretty sure this ad is fake

..look at my link...been floating around the net for a couple of years. Look familiar? lol

Comment

Originally posted by dec1184 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure this ad is fake

..look at my link...been floating around the net for a couple of years. Look familiar? lol

http://thingsthatrhymewithcars.files...pster-car1.jpg
                      I own a hipster car?

Comment

I totally drove a volvo 240 before it was cool though....

Comment

I totally drove a volvo 240 before it was cool though....
                          Ya, consensus is that the 240 is the top pick for hipsters, but so are e28s and e30s lol

Comment

Originally posted by dec1184 View Post
                            Ya, consensus is that the 240 is the top pick for hipsters, but so are e28s and e30s lol
                            crap. I have two. :drink:

Comment

yeah i dunno. It seems that hipsters drive subarus and audis. But there are also non-hipster subie and audi drivers too.

I can't picture a hipster in an old volvo.

Also, what is the official definition of "hipster"?

EDIT: I guess this is it:

"A individual who prides themselves on what they perceive to be their "unique" sense of style and entertainment. They can usually be identified by their skinny jeans, love of nostalgic items, thick rimmed glasses, and their smug sense of superiority. A conversation with a "hipster" will usually entail of obscure bands, designers, and politicians and they can usually be spotted on bicycles, Urban Outfitters, or Whole Foods. They enjoy "ironic" things: mostly what you wouldn't expect a self-absorbed upper class individual would enjoy: such as cheap beer, piercings, and bolo ties. Basically, a very well-dressed douche-bag."

Comment

And old Volvo has always been THE hipster car imo. They are even the go-to car for hipster advertising.

These Audi/VW "hipsters" are just d-bags.

:)

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                                X