This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post

Edit: Also, Eric, if you're still trying to sell that M3 shell, this guy (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/member.php?u=17128) is interested.
    Thanks dude, I'll send the guy an email. Imagine driving home from college on 1 tank of gas! It was awesome!

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    yuck. If I had $5k, I would buy 7 E30s or 6 E28s, or some combination in between.
    Your crazy, E28's are cheaper than E30's.
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      diesel caddys are awesome.

btw, yesterday i drove to amarillo texas and back in the tdi jetta. cost $54
      Awesome! I am really considering a TDI Sportwagen.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

We've been considering a TDI sport wagon too. Fucking expensive though...
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Yeah, it's almost as cheap to buy a brand new one with lower interest rates than one a few years old!
          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
            We've been considering a TDI sport wagon too. Fucking expensive though...
            I agree. We would be looking at a DSG with no options. I think that puts it around 25-26k msrp. I am probably going to drive one this weekend to see if it is worth the extra cost vs. other options.

25,000+ miles/year on a Jeep that gets 18mpg really sucks big time. It's time to stop driving that pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              Your crazy, E28's are cheaper than E30's.
              true that.

Still looking for an old diesel VW...

Comment

I wish I could consider another car. College is so expensive.

Comment

Doesn't seem like a bad price for an M52, yeah?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                    I wish I could consider another car. College is so expensive.
                    Being out of college is expensive too. I just got my first payment notice for my school loan.... here begins the grueling payment of the $15k I needed to go through school with... But I have heard of people with far larger school debts, so I consider myself lucky.

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                    http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3132477406.html

Doesn't seem like a bad price for an M52, yeah?
                    not bad, fair, but not too amazing. Then again, given the hyper inflated prices craigslisters are tossing around these days, this here is a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                      Being out of college is expensive too. I just got my first payment notice for my school loan.... here begins the grueling payment of the $15k I needed to go through school with... But I have heard of people with far larger school debts, so I consider myself lucky.
                      Consider yourself very lucky. We pay around $1,000 a month just in student loans. We are paying them off early though to avoid the amazingly large interest.

Comment

I pay $0 in student loans and plan to keep it that way. Unfortunately that means 60+ hour weeks between two jobs and working on people's BMWs to stay debt free and don't stand a chance of graduating on time.

The grass is always greener on the other side I guess... would love to just pay for all of it later and be done with school already. :(

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                          Consider yourself very lucky. We pay around $1,000 a month just in student loans. We are paying them off early though to avoid the amazingly large interest.
                          yeesh that's hard core.

Yeah I am expected to pay over $5k in interest alone. F that.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                            I pay $0 in student loans and plan to keep it that way. Unfortunately that means 60+ hour weeks between two jobs and working on people's BMWs to stay debt free and don't stand a chance of graduating on time.

The grass is always greener on the other side I guess... would love to just pay for all of it later and be done with school already. :(
                            That is one way to do it as well. It all really depends on the potential income after college. If it is high, then going into a large debt and paying it off in a few years makes sense as it doesn't really impact your finances that much. That way you can "start life" earlier while paying "minimum" interest.

I would have loved to pay for school 100%. But there was no way I was going to wait the extra years. That is leaving less time for career building.

Either way is a good way to do it, as long as people get useful degrees it makes me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                              That is one way to do it as well. It all really depends on the potential income after college. If it is high, then going into a large debt and paying it off in a few years makes sense as it doesn't really impact your finances that much. That way you can "start life" earlier while paying "minimum" interest.

I would have loved to pay for school 100%. But there was no way I was going to wait the extra years. That is leaving less time for career building.

Either way is a good way to do it, as long as people get useful degrees it makes me happy.
                              Yeah, when you consider time value of money and all that, it would be smarter for me to take out loans, especially for my current degree choice.

Comment

I would love to work a job while going to school. However, I struggle enough without a job, so that is really a no go.

Comment

Working...
                                X