This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
    I wish that you could rate users and leave feedback.
    fleabay...

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

We got a hybrid and don't need it anymore.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

..but you know anyone who sells an E30 for a hybrid must have driven that E30 like an old lady, and probably took meticulous care of it, and never revved it past 3k rpm...

but unfortunately they priced it right, hence too much for me...

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
          ..but you know anyone who sells an E30 for a hybrid must have driven that E30 like an old lady, and probably took meticulous care of it, and never revved it past 3k rpm...

but unfortunately they priced it right, hence too much for me...
          That's a good point...but it's too far away for me...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
            http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2151239287.html

anyone know anything about GC8's?
            A fair bit, what do you want to know? The 99-00 RSs have headgasket issues, the 01+ don't supposedly. You have to be rather dumb to kill them (warm the car up properly), but the headgaskets are a known weak spot. Auto transmissions aren't that great in Subarus, and the awd power distribution is 70/30 front/rear with an auto, 50/50 with a manual.

GCs are really floppy chassis-wise. They're not that stiff, but they're ridiculously well supported in the aftermarket.

It's kinda hard to say all I know unless you have questions.

Originally posted by lambo View Post
            aaannnddd it has a cool hood...I'm not necessarily interested in buying that, however I do like the look of them...but I'd rather have a slow rwd e30...

I wouldn't mind an ej20 swapped gc8 2.5rs though...
            The hood is stock. They're faster and quicker than a 325i, and I'd much rather have the RS for a rallycross or dd/winter/beater. They can be modded to handle very well, but in stock form they leave a bit to be desired. They're not bad handling, but not BMW-sharp without some choice parts. Don't think for a moment that modding Subarus is cheaper than BMWs though, it's not.

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
            It would be worth it if it were a manual but the auto's are lame and weak.
            What he said. A good condition 2.5RS with a real transmission is worth $7k+, but Subaru and automatics is a bad combination. $5500 is a bit high, but $4500 is pretty legit. Auto to manual swap in those cars isn't hard.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
            fixed.
            Old slow 23 year old BMWs aren't the unicorn farts and rainbow gold you seem to think they are......
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

^^^^ multiquote ninja

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                Old slow 23 year old BMWs aren't the unicorn farts and rainbow gold you seem to think they are......
                Neither are flimsy modern diff & headgasket killing subarus. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                  Neither are flimsy modern diff & headgasket killing subarus. ;)
                  Mine's the first car I've heard of killing its center diff without an idiot owner using different tire sizes, so I'm chalking that up to first model year quirk. The same trans, cdiff, and rear diff is used in all non-WRX subarus without issue---I don't think my issue can be extrapolated to all subarus.

Headgaskets only die on the non-turbo 2.5s, and only then if the owner is a "oh, car turns on, I can redline NAO!" type of retard. If you warm em up properly, the incidence rate of HG failure drops to essentially zero.

I have a non turbo 2.2, which is pretty much bulletproof.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                    what??? they aren't?? man, and ALL this time, and no one has ever told me!!

;)

Comment

Yup, sorry to break it to you.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

not local but damn I wish I could buy...
                        sigpic
                        HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                        " enjoy the show "

Comment

whoa there ya go! a 500 hp E46 ought to be a blast!

Comment

Way to ruin a LSB. Honestly they look the best all stock just lowered. I hate the black wheels and CF vent crap. I guess it could all be changed back. Still bothers me.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

the 500 HP doesn't bother me too much...

Comment

Doesn't bother me at all! Any M3 can have 500hp, however they all can't be factory LSB. :)

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                                X