This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 325i View Post
    just sayin e30s are better looking the e36 and more sought after....

Comment

:(
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Roland - you win the internet for the day

spit my beer out when I saw that pic
        Chris
        97 M3
        01 325
        Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Last edited by L-ucky-S-ix; 11-05-2014, 05:14 AM.

Comment

I agree with the first stament wholeheartedly, even though it's entirely subjective. And, based on amateur observation, I would agree with the second statement as well. I would like to see a comparison of the market price for a stock, well sorted E30 325is compared to an equally stock and well sorted E36 counterpart.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Also agree. I have never been a fan of the E36, although they have grown on me the last few years. If I want something fast and modern it will be a E46 or E9X. And for something classic a E21 or E30. To me the E36 is the awkward middle schooler. No interest.

Comment

r3v, where we hate E30s!

E30s look better and are lighter, simpler, and more robust.

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by iamsam View Post
                  r3v, where we hate E30s!

E30s look better and are lighter, simpler, and more robust.

Done.
                  Slower, and most handle like garbage. But I do like their weight and size.
                  89 325i (Sold)
                  95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                  2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                    Slower, and most handle like garbage. But I do like their weight and size.

Yep they are slower, older, less "luxurious", older technology, inferior rear suspension geometry, that is all true. Handling like garbage, well, that can be debated, based on the modifiability of the suspension, and my E30 handled pretty dang well on H&R race, billy sports, poly bushings, and ST swaybars.

But the appeal of an E30 is similar to the appeal of the 2002, which is the size and weight, and power can be added with engine swap options.

Comment

oh boy here we go again...

I personally think the E30 is about weight and looks, it looks hawt and is small enough, cheap enough, and fast enough to get your budget motorsport job done. also hawt

Comment

There are a lot of early 318's on CL... I want one...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I have always wanted an '84 318i with the manual windows and locks.

Comment

Originally posted by iamsam View Post
                            I have always wanted an '84 318i with the manual windows and locks.
                            one of the few desirable ones indeed, hard to find one in nice shape for a good price though.

I don't like E21s unless they are done super well. They are heavy like the E30, but only have 2002 power. They are much more of the awkward middle-schooler than any other 3 series.

2002s are very cool, you can't even come close to comparing an E30 to one.

E46s and on up make great commuters.

The E36 is the only true wrench-able race-ready, street-ready BMW rolled into one awesome package. By far the easiest 3 series to maintain and work on, as well as take to the track and kick ass in if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                              one of the few desirable ones indeed, hard to find one in nice shape for a good price though.

I don't like E21s unless they are done super well. They are heavy like the E30, but only have 2002 power. They are much more of the awkward middle-schooler than any other 3 series.

2002s are very cool, you can't even come close to comparing an E30 to one.

E46s and on up make great commuters.

The E36 is the only true wrench-able race-ready, street-ready BMW rolled into one awesome package. By far the easiest 3 series to maintain and work on, as well as take to the track and kick ass in if you want.
                              This man speaks the troof

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Full disclosure for those who don't know - I sold my E36 M3(s) and kept my E30 M3.

Comment

Working...
                                X