• Show
Clear All

$3600 e39 msport wagon (auto)

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4462847440.html

Comment

Originally posted by ltz Viper View Post
      The want I have for this overpriced 4 cylinder is immense
      https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4425625212.html

Overpriced? I sold it with two cash backup offers.
      Last edited by monovich; 05-17-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

So what's the replacement vehicle?
        http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Importing an Evo II. About 3-4 weeks out.

Comment

Welcome to R3V.

You should stick around on here and join the Colorado BMW Group on FB if you aren't already a member.

There are quite a few E30 M3 owners between the two.

I have a lift if you want to get that Evo on the air to check out the underside once it's home.

Are you going to track it?

Congrats on the sale and new purchase. F'ing E30 M3's are through the roof.
            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Thanks for the offer on the lift. May take you up on it because the underside has some to-do's from the PPI although I'm not going to get into it very deep right away. CFO aka wife has me on lockdown post-purchase.

I'll join the FB group for sure. Didn't know about it. I see quite a few E30s in Denver and it would be cool to know who is who.

Won't track this car. It doesn't make a lot of sense considering the value and rarity. My pockets are too shallow for those running costs. If I were going the track route with an e30 i'd start with a previously loved rolling shell and keep the preserved ones how they are. To get my racing jones I race bikes. Tires are cheaper. ;) It will get driven though, in the Rockies and in the twistes. It is a car first and foremost. Must be driven.

Yeah E30 M3 values are crazy, and the time to jump in with both feet was now or never - before the concourse crowd pushes them into moon dust territory like so many other great cars.

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
              Welcome to R3V.

You should stick around on here and join the Colorado BMW Group on FB if you aren't already a member.

There are quite a few E30 M3 owners between the two.

I have a lift if you want to get that Evo on the air to check out the underside once it's home.

Are you going to track it?

Congrats on the sale and new purchase. F'ing E30 M3's are through the roof.

Comment

i wish so bad i could afford an e30 m3 but i'll never make that kind of cash doing what i do. fml
                Check out my quintet at FourzahMusic

Comment

Congrats on the Evo II. And congrats on the sale. Gives me hope for the value of my M3 someday. :)

Comment

Cool, let me know when you want to get it up in the air. I'm a pretty busy guy, but can always find time to drool over an Evo E30 M3. I'm pretty dialed on E30 needs too if you want to fix stuff.

I made a decision with my M Coupe to not let it's value influence how I enjoy it. I certainly respect its rarity and will not modify it beyond being able to put it back to stock, but I could never keep my toys in their boxes as a kid. The only way I can safely push the car and allow it to challenge me is on the track. When I get my E30 M3 it will certainly see the track - responsibly of course. I wouldn't write it off, maybe once you get frustrated with the constraints of public roads.

The concourse crowd can go fuck themselves! It really does nothing but make it more expensive for everyone. If you already own the car, your parts become stupid expensive. M Coupe mudflaps and BMW CD43's are great examples of recent triple digit inflation.

I raced mountain bikes for years till chronic IT band syndrome finally ended my career. I switched to racing hang gliders, but car habit is dominated the funds for that the last two seasons.

Maybe I just need a CFO!
                    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                      Maybe I just need a CFO!
                      they can be a blessing and a course.
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

wish i knew how to replace shifter linkage.

Comment

It's like the easiest thing ever. Go buy it.

Comment

spoke with the owner and he said that every time he presses the clutch down it makes a really bad grinding noise...so possible throw out bearing going bad? he said it's not drivable so perhaps it's already gone bad and will need a new transmission...

Comment

Originally posted by therichsta View Post
                              spoke with the owner and he said that every time he presses the clutch down it makes a really bad grinding noise...so possible throw out bearing going bad? he said it's not drivable so perhaps it's already gone bad and will need a new transmission...
                              oh, that's not shift linkage. that's a throw out bearing. Not as easy of a fix, but still pretty doable. probably best to do FW+PP+Clutch at the same time since they're likely toast.

Comment

Originally posted by monovich View Post
                                Importing an Evo II. About 3-4 weeks out.
                                Awesome. Would love to see it. I've got an 88 Canadian spec car...basically a us spec car with heated seats and a metric cluster. Brought it with me when I moved from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X