Bump for a week from now. I'd like to get a headcount at least by Wednesday so we can set up convoy/meet points and such.
As far as helmets go, as long as your helmet is motorcycle or car rated it is good to go. You are on your own where helmet borrowing/acquisition is concerned, I do not have spares. I might be able to get one loaner but I'm not counting on it. Call your friends with motorcycles and borrow stuff/exchange beer. There are no rentals at the track.
HPR Open Lapping Day July 22?
Collapse
X
-
It'll be maybe, this week / weekend? I'm at my parents house for the night, helmet's in FoCo. I'll text you prolly. PM me best availability?Leave a comment:
-
Yeah just tell me when you have an idea of when you can come down.Leave a comment:
-
-
That would be really cool! Do you mean sweat as in like when it gets hot?
If so, then no. I don't use my a/c, heat doesn't really bother me.
Leave a comment:
-
Lambo and 325 do you guys sweat a lot? I was gonna contact you Lambo (terrible with remembering names, woops) soon about the box cause I have time, I can bring down my helmet for you guys to borrow and then get it back from David at a later date..Leave a comment:
-
Really? Damn, I don't have any helmet or anyway to get one. If any has a helmet and would be willing to let me ride along it would be greatly appreciated. I am will to help out for y'all at the trackLeave a comment:
-
For the open lapping day they won't care as long as you are wearing a helmet.Leave a comment:
-
That is a little old... prolly wont pass for the track. How long are helmets good for?Leave a comment:
-
heh heh...well my Dad's is Snell M85...might be a taaaaaadddd bit old...Leave a comment:
-
Hmmm, I will have to ask around. I really wanna go, but I can't swing for a helmet and track time and brake pads right now. If you are able to get a helmet that would be awesome, I could give you a couple bucks or whatever for the trouble.Leave a comment:
-
I don't think you can buy a 2005 rated one anymore, but 05 rated ones are good for another few years anyway.
I Miiiiiiiight be able to borrow a couple extra helmets, but best chance is to borrow some from anyone you know who rides a motorcycle.Leave a comment:
-
I think I might, but I don't think I'm going to purchase a helmet just yet so I probably won't ride a long, unless I can borrow a helmet.
How often do the helmet rules change? Seems like every 5 years, so it would probably be better to buy a 2010 one instead of go with a 2005 one that might be outdated soon? As you can see I am pretty new to this stuff...Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: