HPR Open Lapping Day July 22?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bishop
    replied
    Alright girls.... Eric, we can take the Jeep but you're riding passenger. I'm not going down alone lol. This thread is funny

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i
    Not gonna happen.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Roland H
    Which is why I said: drain the water before you go.
    Not gonna happen.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i
    Yea, and again, I can't run just water because it will start to freeze at night in a couple months when I'm gone and the car is sitting. No-go, drop it.
    Which is why I said: drain the water before you go.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Roland H
    Water has higher thermal conductivity than coolant, and is also safer for use on track.

    The overheating your car is experiencing is caused by another problem, but your car would overheat less with water in it.
    Yea, and again, I can't run just water because it will start to freeze at night in a couple months when I'm gone and the car is sitting. No-go, drop it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i
    Water has higher thermal conductivity than coolant, and is also safer for use on track.

    The overheating your car is experiencing is caused by another problem, but your car would overheat less with water in it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Roland H
    Yeah, but it would have helped with the solution.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i
    That's not the cause of the problem.
    Yeah, but it would have helped with the solution.

    Originally posted by Eric
    Cool, thanks! So is there no 2 person hang gliding like sky diving learners?
    Tandem is an option for learning, but I don't think Mark does it...

    Leave a comment:


  • Eric
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop
    Riding along in the white car? Holy crap I might have to come play lol....
    I was thinking the Jeep, but I guess the E30 would be fun...

    Originally posted by Cloudbase
    No can do. Work a 2 day then off to Europe for 2 weeks of honeymooning and probably some regular mooning too.

    I would be up for the open lapping day late in August.

    Def want to ride / see the white car in action.
    The other date for open lapping is 19th of august, which is when our house opens for us to move into. I'm pretty sure my wife would be a bit pissed if I didn't help move! ha!

    Originally posted by Roland H
    Alex has recommended this guy to me...

    AirtimeAbove Hang Gliding offers Hang Gliding Instruction, as well as equipment sales and service


    Let me know if you decide to pursue this, maybe we could get a group rate...
    Cool, thanks! So is there no 2 person hang gliding like sky diving learners?

    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i
    And yes, Ben, everyone had cooling issues, not just the E36s.
    I fixed my cooling issues by disconnecting the gauge.:puppy:

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Roland H
    Shoulda just ran water.... ;)
    That's not the cause of the problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    Shoulda just ran water.... ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric
    can you hook my wife and I up in hang gliding? She went white water rafting this afternoon and is going nuts talking about all the other stuff she wants to do here!


    For you lapping day guys, I see august 5th is another one... Anybody want to ride along for informal instruction???:D
    If my cooling system gets fixed soon enough (FFFFUUUUUU), I'm definitely doing the aug 5th. Hell, if it isn't, I'll bring the scoobaru.

    And yes, Ben, everyone had cooling issues, not just the E36s.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric
    can you hook my wife and I up in hang gliding? She went white water rafting this afternoon and is going nuts talking about all the other stuff she wants to do here!
    Alex has recommended this guy to me...

    AirtimeAbove Hang Gliding offers Hang Gliding Instruction, as well as equipment sales and service


    Let me know if you decide to pursue this, maybe we could get a group rate...

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    I'm in for August. Much more agreeable days.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cloudbase
    replied
    Originally posted by blefevre
    You going on the drive/grillbq tomorrow?
    No can do. Work a 2 day then off to Europe for 2 weeks of honeymooning and probably some regular mooning too.

    I would be up for the open lapping day late in August.

    Def want to ride / see the white car in action.

    Leave a comment:

Working...