HPR Open Lapping Day July 22?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 325ix
    replied
    If I can make it out I would love some driving tips if ya got them. I don't have much in the way of adjustables.

    Leave a comment:


  • bluefox280
    replied
    David and I were thinking of combining our 'FSAE powers' and helping for track set-ups during the track-day.
    Does this interest anyone? If so, that could convince me to come assist with prep / set-up along with some photo-opportunities.

    - Erik

    Leave a comment:


  • 325ix
    replied
    Originally posted by blefevre
    They do not have helmets. I destroyed my brakes my first time out, lol.
    Well, I will be out of town unfortunately anyways. Is there another one at the beginning of August maybe?

    Leave a comment:


  • clarkkey594
    replied
    Originally posted by Roland H
    how did critter break your ABS?
    Tab that holds the swaybay endlink didn't have a washer on it and the bolt decided that it did not like to stay attached to the strut tube and wanted to play kamakazi and take out my ABS wire and brake sensor. Probably more of brad's fault than anything though.

    Leave a comment:


  • blefevre
    replied
    They do not have helmets. I destroyed my brakes my first time out, lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • 325ix
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop
    Could be fun to come and poke around, or co-drive someone's car lol

    325ix, just make sure your car's in proper running order and that your brakes are SOLID. You shouldn't have to worry about going off or being pushed around really... Depends how busy the day is.
    My car is running good. It has a small radiator leak though. My brakes are good, but if I make it I will bleed the brakes. Do they have helmets to rent?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Could be fun to come and poke around, or co-drive someone's car lol

    325ix, just make sure your car's in proper running order and that your brakes are SOLID. You shouldn't have to worry about going off or being pushed around really... Depends how busy the day is.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roland H
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkkey594
    This will probably be me especially since I still don't have working ABS....thanks critter :facepalm:
    how did critter break your ABS?

    Leave a comment:


  • 325ix
    replied
    Originally posted by blefevre
    If anything the AWD might cause you to understeer off the track when you go in too fast. Either way, there will always be people going slow. They split up the fast/slow cars so the majority of the serious people go in the fast group.
    If I can scrape together some cash I defiantly will try to come out. It is something I have been wanting to do for a while.

    Leave a comment:


  • blefevre
    replied
    If anything the AWD might cause you to understeer off the track when you go in too fast. Either way, there will always be people going slow. They split up the fast/slow cars so the majority of the serious people go in the fast group.

    Leave a comment:


  • 325ix
    replied
    Originally posted by blefevre
    I wouldn't be scared going HPR for your first time. There will always be people that are just cruising around to learn. It's a decently wide track too. Plus you actually get seat time. A couple minutes at autox isn't going to teach you much.
    I'm not timid behind the wheel, but I'm not stupid or reckless either. If I were to be able to drive at a slower pace I would most likely be down for that. I just don't wanna get in a situation where I am driving much faster than I can handle. I think the awd may help me keep the car inline though.

    Leave a comment:


  • clarkkey594
    replied
    Originally posted by Cloudbase
    I'm interested in a half day (morning). I have it off. Cost would be my biggest issue. I'll know closer to the date.
    Hmm...I was debating the afternoon session so that I could put ina few hours in the morning and take a half day off.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cloudbase
    replied
    I'm interested in a half day (morning). I have it off. Cost would be my biggest issue. I'll know closer to the date.

    Leave a comment:


  • clarkkey594
    replied
    Originally posted by blefevre
    I wouldn't be scared going HPR for your first time. There will always be people that are just cruising around to learn. It's a decently wide track too. Plus you actually get seat time. A couple minutes at autox isn't going to teach you much.
    This will probably be me especially since I still don't have working ABS....thanks critter :facepalm:

    Leave a comment:


  • blefevre
    replied
    I wouldn't be scared going HPR for your first time. There will always be people that are just cruising around to learn. It's a decently wide track too. Plus you actually get seat time. A couple minutes at autox isn't going to teach you much.

    Leave a comment:

Working...