Need a HANS device or neck collar pad ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a HANS device or neck collar pad ASAP

Hey guys, I have a 12-14 hour, 500 mile go kart race this weekend. I have all my gear, but am super worried about my neck going. I was told I could rent a neck pad / HANS device at the track, but that was wrong.

I will treat it like royalty and have much to offer in return favors.
    JOY IS AN E30...

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
    Hey guys, I have a 12-14 hour, 500 mile go kart race this weekend. I have all my gear, but am super worried about my neck going. I was told I could rent a neck pad / HANS device at the track, but that was wrong.

Dude... WHERE AT?!?!?
    -Critter
    E36 M3 Turbo | E46 M3 6MT

Comment

:woowoo: Thats intense, pictures of said go-kart?

Also Good luck!

Comment

A Hans device will not support your neck unless you are in a crash and it is worn with Hans compliant harnesses. Otherwise it won't do squat. There isn't really any other way to keep your neck from going unless you exercise it specifically, i.e. more driving/karting or actual neck workouts.
        89 325i (Sold)
        95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
        2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah the HANS device has no place to attach. I found a super thick neck collar and later G restraints. They attach to your shoulders. My neck is pretty solid from a week of hang gliding, but nothing will prepare for 14 hours!

The race is at Summit Point Raceway in WV. Leaving tomorrow morning. We got 4 people. It's from 8pm to 10-12 the next day. However long it takes to do 500 miles!!

I will come back with a full report, blog post, video, pics, hopefully no injuries!
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah the HANS device has no place to attach. I found a super thick neck collar and later G restraints. They attach to your shoulders. My neck is pretty solid from a week of hang gliding, but nothing will prepare for 14 hours!

The race is at Summit Point Raceway in WV. Leaving tomorrow morning. We got 4 people. It's from 8pm to 10-12 the next day. However long it takes to do 500 miles!!

I will come back with a full report, blog post, video, pics, hopefully no injuries!
            Summit point is a really fun track, you'll enjoy it a lot. Some day I'll actually go drive it instead of riding bitch.

Comment

My dad has raced there before. Awesome and somewhat historic track.
              89 325i (Sold)
              95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
              2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

here is a pic i took at Summit Point

And here is me getting a little squirrely on the Summit Point autocross track (it's relatively new)

Comment

So jealous.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Working...
                  X