CORE rally "test and tune" Trip: Nov 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CORE rally "test and tune" Trip: Nov 12th

Ok guys who wants to to drive fast in the dirt?

Original thread is here. http://coloradorallyracing.com/forum....php?f=19&t=59

Selling points: only $10, (subjectively) more fun than HPR, and way less people.

Last edited by iamsam; 10-24-2011, 11:04 AM.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    more fun than HPR
    Chris
    97 M3
    01 325
    Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post

you wanna come rally?

Comment

Selling points: more fun than HPR

Subjective statement is HIGHLY subjective. I've done this kind of 'rallying' before, and rallycross, and vastly prefer autocross and track events. Way way way more fun and way less horrendous for your car. You're not rallying either, you're playing around on a dirt track. Big difference.

2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post

Subjective statement is HIGHLY subjective. I've done this kind of 'rallying' before, and rallycross, and vastly prefer autocross and track events. Way way way more fun and way less horrendous for your car. You're not rallying either, you're playing around on a dirt track. Big difference.

Yep, sure was a subjective comment. But the event is still going to happen, and whoever wants to come is welcome, regardless of their personal preferences on motorsports.

So David, you are fully free to not come (well obv you are in CA...), but also, I don't see anything wrong with placing my opinion in this thread, since it is positive to the purpose to this thread, and is just light-hearted advertising.

But no, it is not fact, and yes, it is my opinion.

Comment

Quite subjective. I've never run at HPR so I can't say there's a difference.

Is driving at CORE true rally? No. But it is a great way to learn to control your car on the dirt, if you so desire. It is harder on your car than the track and your car must be in good running condition. However there are rarely many people out there so you get a lot more seat time in a closed track setting. Playing in the dirt is fun.

There also might be some stop watches around to make things competitive. And I'd throw down and say that I can drive anyone's car from this forum around the rallysprint track at CORE faster than anyone here. BOOM. Challenge. LOL.

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Also, I'll be there.

Comment

Make sure to video it!

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Haha guys, I'm not saying people shouldn't go, I think it's great that you guys like driving rwd cars in dirt. I am saying it isn't proper rallying (as you guys are aware) and that HPR is more fun for some of us than dirt.

Ross, I'd take that bet with the scoob on its oem suspension (currently not offroadable). Guarantee I'd be faster.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

my level of caring how closely CORE is to "proper rallying" is pretty low, since CORE costs $10 a day and "proper rallying" is many thousands.

Also, david, you should definitely rally the scoob once you get stock suspension back on!! I want to see how it compares to a mildly prepped E30!

Comment

Haha guys, I'm not saying people shouldn't go, I think it's great that you guys like driving rwd cars in dirt. I am saying it isn't proper rallying (as you guys are aware) and that HPR is more fun for some of us than dirt.

Ross, I'd take that bet with the scoob on its oem suspension (currently not offroadable). Guarantee I'd be faster.

Swap that suspension and get you ass out here! :)

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                        Make sure to video it!

sorry for not multi-quoting, but there will definitely be pictures and videos.

Comment

my level of caring how closely CORE is to "proper rallying" is pretty low, since CORE costs $10 a day and "proper rallying" is many thousands.

Also, david, you should definitely rally the scoob once you get stock suspension back on!! I want to see how it compares to a mildly prepped E30!
                          Remember driving up to winter park?

Now imagine the same car with more grip AND a functioning center diff.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Remember driving up to winter park?

Now imagine the same car with more grip AND a functioning center diff.

yeah I dunno man. I wasn't riding with you, all I noticed is that you got less sideways than me.

Many different variables in dirt. One being WAY more traction, so a more powerful motor/lighter car w/ rwd may take advantage of a less powerful motor/heavier car w/ awd.

But then again, awd will always have 10x more traction than rwd, so, like Ross said, bring it on! ;)

Comment

ROFL at this
                              89 325i (Sold)
                              95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                              2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Working...
                              X