Boulder area summer welding classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boulder area summer welding classes?

Curious if anyone has any recommendations for welding classes I might be able to enroll in over summer? Not looking to make a career of it - just learn how to weld so I can make repairs to bodywork.

Thanks!

community colleges are usually the best bet. not sure if boulder allows those or no though.

Comment

oooh I'd be interested in this also, high school welding only goes so far...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

You could always take on an apprentice role at a welding shop as well.
        Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Are you lookin to learn mig, tig, arc?... Or what

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Just go grab a mig welder from harbor freight and some metal from wherever and start there. That said, for most car repairs, knowing tig welding is probably more beneficial.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

It's nothing special, but it is a really cheap way to start.

1989 325i Alpine White
            69 STX

Comment

Cu offers welding classes through the physics shop, but id go the cc route myself because cu's classes are always booked well in advance. Good class tho.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Front Range offers it I'm PRETTY sure. You'll have to check the campuses though. I got my 2 year from the Boulder campus (located in Longmont) and they didn't offer anything like that I don't think. I'm pretty sure the Fort Collins (Larimer) campus and the one in Westminster might have a higher chance of having what you want.
                I learned to weld in high school at the Career Development Center (CDC) in Longmont. It was like an off-campus option for all the local high school students wanting to learn auto, welding, construction, cooking, etc. etc. etc. I am pretty sure they offered classes in the afternoons / evenings for anyone, not just high school students.

Best options are finding a friend with the machines, materials, time, and patience. I'd LOVE to teach you cause that'd mean I'd have a reason to get a setup finally lol.... But I don't have any machines anymore. Mig works for a lot, but I highly suggest stepping into Tig if you can. I got certified in TIG and worked out of a shop for a couple years after high school and learned to love it. So clean, so precise.... I just love TIG compared to the others haha

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                Originally posted by DTM190
                "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Red Rocks CC offers some.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                    Cu offers welding classes through the physics shop, but id go the cc route myself because cu's classes are always booked well in advance. Good class tho.
                    Sid's class? If so, yes, very awesome class.

1989 325i Alpine White
                    69 STX

Comment

Maybe you should buy him the stuff and he'll teach you for free. :P

Comment

I will check in to the CC courses to see what is available... E-mailed CU last week, so although likely wishful thinking, we'll see if there are any openings for the summer.

Can post my findings later on if that would be helpful for anyone.

Comment

Working...
                        X